PDA

View Full Version : offshore Point Lookout

pop-eye
07-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Just wondering how anyone else who was out at straddy went today ?

honda900
08-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Saturday,

We went down to the cathederals, had an engine drama that got our attention so we didnt stay too long, Picked up a pearlie around the 38 cm, the swell was Ok, but we couldnt get the drift right to get across our marks.

So with engine problems in mind we decided to move back up to some tuskfish ground, got a nice venus tusk fish around the 3kg mark. things were pretty slow, so we moved to the 35's.

Picked up another pearlie around the 38cm mark, suprisingly up until this time we had not hooked a single snapper at all.

Things were slow again so moved into the 29's for quiet a few squire but no keepers..

All in all it was a work hard for it day.

Regards
Honda

bluewater3
08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Fished 29's 3 small snapper a 34 pearlie moved to 35's hooked up for 1/2 hour never saw it moved to 33's 2 60 cm samson then home hard work for a feed.

pop-eye
09-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I myself was restricted to 2nm so hung around Boat and Middle reef. My 12 year old Nephew showed his dad and i up with a double hookup of a 35cm moses perch and a 30cm unidentified reefy (Orange with big eyes) . Heaps of undersized squire, (and grassies when we drifted off the reef.) No parrot unfortunately as that was what i was hoping for the young fella to pull in

Is that usual for pearlies at that depth? as i thought they hung out wider than that.

Yeah Honda900 i read your issue. I hope you get it sorted

It sure is a long way to only come home with a few fish. Went down the back yard at wello yesterday arvo and scored a 40cm squire 50 m from the leads.

Thanks
Pop-eye