PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast does it again

seastorm
07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Went out Friday lunch time through the Seaway on the outgoing tide first time I have seen large green waves come through the Seaway and a bit shallow 3.5m at one stage.
The crew this time was Steve and his son Jeff, as Steve was on our last trip we decided to go to the same area as last time, 40km away. We stopped off at a spot on the way the water was dirty and we where doing 1.8kn with the sea anchor out, not good.
When we got to spot X the current had died .4 kn and no sea anchor. First drop and up come a nice Flathead and a few squire all on bait. Thought I might give the soft plastic thing a go, out goes a 7' Nuc Chook, threw it out up stream and left it then dropped down a bait next thing you know the chook starts to fly and up come a nice squire.
A few hours pass and the kill tank is starting to look good with squire and trag Jew, Then Steve get a solid hookup and the fight begins and up comes a 28lbs Jew.
Final count for the day/night
12 Trag Jew
9 Snapper/squire biggest 9lbs
1 Flathead
1 Parrot
1 Jew
When I was cleaning the fish found a 7' Nuc Chook in 40cm squire but no Jig head

Captain Seaweed
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Seastorm,
I did the same trip although fished Pin Reef and more trag than you can poke a stick at. We headed north to Cathedrals and had a good day out.

Cheers
Marty

Chimo
07-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Where did you end up leaving the trailer and truck Marty?

Cheers
Chimo

Captain Seaweed
07-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Went to Rudi Maas Chimo

Pistol_P
07-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Good haul there.8-)

Pete

Chimo
07-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Glad you got fixed up OK Marty and had a safe park then.

C

two dogs
08-06-2009, 10:20 AM
what sort of fight do big jews give in that sort of depth?

seastorm
08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
The big Jew put up a good fight, Steve who caught this one was using 30lbs braid on a bait feeder reel and it was locked up tight and it was still pulling line. It took about 10 min to bring it to the surface.