PDA

View Full Version : Haines 445F

troy
07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
What is a fair price for a haines 445F.
There is a yellow one with a 60 hp Yamaha in the for sale section.
Has been checked for dry rot and none found so floor and transom must have been done by previous owner.
It is my sons boat.
Troy

troy
07-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Any Thoughts.
Thanks
Troy

TJ Bear
07-06-2009, 07:34 PM
I have looked at heaps of 445Fs over the past 6 months, in good condition no rot in floor and transom, good condition gel coat and a newish motor 15k is a fair price even maybe a little low if your prepared to wait. I have seen boats with rotten transoms, soft floors, chalky gel coat and old tech 1980's 2-strokes go for over 9k and advertised in yards for over 13k so that boat of yours looks like a good deal at 15k especialy if the trailer is good condition as well.

Have you seen that Bushy from Shimano has just had one of these built by Formula Boats (Formula 15 is flop of 445F) and he just loves it has reveiw on his web site. I am going back to a 445F after years in bigger boats. :)

troy
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
I am very surprised at the lack of interest or even a comment.
.I have seen threads on this brand of boat with people wanting to know where you can get one.
Is the asking price to dear or are they not as popular as i thought.
When ever my son has had it at the ramp the number of people that has came up and expressed interest in it yet once he put in for sale nothing.
His reason for selling was they are about to have there first child and the only drawback was limited seating so he purchased another boat for family reasons.
Troy

RobGoesFish
07-06-2009, 08:40 PM
Maybe some more pics and a bit of a blurb might help....

TJ Bear
07-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Post it up on boatpoint.

dogsbody
08-06-2009, 08:06 AM
That's what I thought when I saw it.

No doubt you saw the other one that was on there. It had plenty of pics and more detail about it. Try and add mental pictures for the prospective buyers.

Throw in something like "great for fishing close reefs" or "good solid boat well looked after" or "good all round access for fighting those big fish"

Sell the sizzle not the steak.

Dave

troy
08-06-2009, 11:32 AM
He has parked it on the side of the road on the main highway and is now getting plenty of interest.
Long as someone does not get to interested and nicks it.
Thanks
Troy

troy
08-06-2009, 03:08 PM
More pics have been added to advertisement.
Troy