PDA

View Full Version : son's 1st trip offshore

rosco1974
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
have been promissing the youngfella since his b'day in april a trip offshore....i told him he had to b 10 to go offshor fishing....anyway we went out off the goldy to the 24's hoping to get anything really but really hopin he got a fish to keep him keen...we got out there in no time bugger all swell...had a few drifts for a couple of undersized squire then on the 3rd drift the son goes im on dad..anyway he was crankin away strugglin to hold the rod so i give him a hand by holdin the rod halfway up it while he was windin it up....turns out to be a keeper 35 cm tuskie...he was wraped....not long after the clouds started rolling in ...we had another drift for a couple of more throw backs then headed in...got half way back when the storm front hit with 35-40 knot wind gusts...was a good day out still with the young fella blooded...
cheers rosco

jtpython
07-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Good on him. I love taking mine out their eye's light up on any good fish
Top pic
JT

geeb
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
His face says it all - great to take them offshore and have a good day - you have guaranteed the next generation - good on you and congrats to the young fella for a job well done........cheers.......Geeb

Fish_gutz
07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Congratulations to the young fella nice fish, hope the storm didn`t put him of the next trip out. Cheers Andrew

capt. mud
07-06-2009, 06:41 PM
oh well at least the smile says it all.

TimiBoy
07-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Fantastic. Never managed to do that with my kids - all adult by the time I scared up a boat. I envy you!

Cheers,

Tim

rosco1974
07-06-2009, 08:28 PM
nah fish gutz the storm did'nt put him off, he's keen to go again next week weather permitting
cheers

green raider
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
we use that for bait rosco!;D

sleepygreg
07-06-2009, 08:57 PM
That is one of the best sights in fishing. A young bloke/girl with their first notable fish and the smile on the face says it all. Makes you forget all the other naysayers posts on this forum and gives us all a reality check on what life/fishing is all about. Congrats on his first offshore trip and nice tuskie to boot.

Cheers
Greg

rosco1974
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
we use that for bait rosco!;D
i know koogs....but its a start for the young fella....have to do a trip with you and lockie i think after seeing how you's went yesterday

green raider
07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
yeah mate good on the young bloke get him goin early. we will sort a trip out soon hey

Always_offshore
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
good onya dad for finally letting the young-un offshore.hope the storm didnt scare him.took my boys on there 1st offshore stint a couple of months ago(aged 5 and 7)they still rave abuot it and Ill always remember the look on there faces when they landed there first fish,go the young-uns!!!!

pop-eye
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
good on ya Rosco . I know how much it would have meant to your lad as it will be something he will never forget. Good to throw in a bit of ugly stuff as well as we all know its part of the experience.
I too had the pleasure of taking my 12 yr old nephew and his dad offshore for the first time today and he had the same smile regardless of the front that come through, Though that would probably would have changed if it had set in as i told his dad bring wet weather gear not weather resistant::):)

rosco1974
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
thanks for the positive comments .was good to take him out..even though he outfished me with the only keeper...
cheers rosco

Fishing_Freddy
08-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Good to see the young fella with a smile and his first fish off shore. Looks like you will have a deckie keen to hit the water when ever you go out. Well done
Ken:beer: