PDA

View Full Version : Storm Front with Stong Winds

Chimo
07-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Hope you guys in the bay coped with the change / wind and rain going thru there now.

It went thru the Gold Coast an hour or so ago and very strong winds produced waves even in the sheltered canals.

Any hassels for anyone out there?

Cheers
Chimo

TimiBoy
07-06-2009, 12:24 PM
sweet here - quick shower, couple of bangs, bit of a breeze. All sunny in Capalaba!

Cheers,

Tim

rosco1974
07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
got caught in it out from the goldy....was on the way back from the 24's when we where hit by the 35 - 40 knot winds in front of it...bloody uncomfortable
cheers rosco

tunaticer
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Got back to the ramp just as it was about to begin raining at queens beach, shoulda stayed out tho cuz it was over by the time i tied the yak on the racks.

Looked very threatening but in the end all bluff except for about a 5 minute squall.

dreemon
07-06-2009, 06:06 PM
we got to the ramp at paradise point just when it started, ordered some chips and sat it out in the ute, heaps of people got to the ramp soaking wet, that left heaps of parks , then fined up we went out to get our crab pots and got a PB muddie ! ;D turned out to be a great day out

Jabba_
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
I was at the fish traps (50's) when it came over... I was shitting myself. It hit hard and fast... Seaway tower advised us not to head into it in a 6m boat... A boat called Sweat-lips said we could head NE, and go around. But we wern't able to go quick enough to dodge it,,, so I made the call to hit it head on and punch through it....

After the storm it turned out to be a beautiful day... Over all, it was the worse storm I have been on the water in, then after the storm it was one off the nices days on the water I have had this year...

Caught a few Trag jew also...