PDA

View Full Version : Rigid Inflatable for Fishing and Diving

diver
06-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi I was looking for a boat that is able to be transported on a camper trailer that is able to be operated five or six nautical miles offshore that I can dive from and fish from. I was thinking of a 3.8 metre Rib made by Swift boats in QLD. Anyone used a inflatable for fishing. I am concerned about damage from fish hooks or fish spines so I was wondering if this was a issue and how did you minimise or manage your fishing from a rib. Did you have a sounder and where did you mount it. The only alternative is a 3.9 aluminium dingy perhaps with the airofloat stabilisers fitted, cheaper but probably not as seaworthy. Were you able to get back into the boat over the stern while alone or is this a bit risky. I am 95kgs. So I am interested in your experience with inflatables or can you suggest another suitable boat. Thanks Peter

GBC
07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.oceancraft.com.au/3400pkg1.htm

car topper made for spearos.

diver
07-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks yes this could be the solution. I will definetly check one out........Peter

grey_inflatable
07-06-2009, 10:05 PM
hi mate i have a inflatable never had a hook go in it i rough the boat up a fair bit had it wash up on mud island once but it was fine i use a small 6 pack esky box to hold my small bat and fish finder 5-6 miles off shore is a fair way out.
cu