PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Sea Kittening with Bubi; here Puss puss puss...

TimiBoy
06-06-2009, 08:20 PM
A trip to the Hards with the usual suspects – TimiBoy, Wags on the water, and Tropicrows. Headed up a bit after 10 am on Friday, needing to put some pussies in the freezer after a few days of barbeques, curries, and other assorted sea moggie recipes being broken out.

Magic weather greeted us, and we quickly reached our spot and jigged up about 20 Kit-E-Kats (liveys in the old lingo). So with a full stock of Kit-E’s wriggling in the well, squid-E-Kats, fluffy mullet and pillie pussies we headed out to the Hards, an hour or so away.

On arrival we were greeted with good shows, a preponderance of lions, tigers, leopards and other assorted Kitties swimming around down there in a feline/piscatorial dance of epic proportions. Baits on, livey (oops Kit-E-Kat) on, and into it! A couple of undersized pussies were first into the boat, back over the side to get bigger for next time, because that’s what we do. That first Snapuss was close, but risky.

Anyway, things are hotting up, then Bruce upchucks again! Two trips in a row. Poor bastard only has 1.5 lungs left, and through the evening he worked hard to get that down to just one. It was a heroic effort! Every time he barfed, Wags went out in sympathy, with some lusty dry retching. I very nearly died laughing. We were trying to catch Sea Kittens, and Bruce was BARKING LIKE A DOG!!!

Persistence pays, and as it was getting dark we had a good box, Tuskats up to 3kg, Snapuss about the same, and some good Moses. The Kit-E-Kats proved to be a disappointment, as all they seemed to be able to attract was Mac and Stripey Tuna – bait for next time. One of the Macs has Wags with a good bend in the Texie in the first photo, and that's the poor Kitty on the carpet.

Things shut down after dark, so we spent some time moving around, looking at new ground and figuring a plan for the next foray. We Kittied a few good shows, picked up a few Trevs and had a couple of good runs, but it was pretty quiet. At 10:15 the call was made, and we started for home on calm seas. Should have hung in for the morning bite, but had to get home.

At Macca’s for a coffee, while I waited with the car for the Boys to load up with Burgers and spud for the trip home I was treated to some idiot being packed screaming into the van. “Why won’t you tell me my rights!” he was screaming. OK, you have the right to bleed... We sat in the car and listened to this crack head screaming while the Boys in Blue dispersed the crowd. They did great job!

Photos show our preferred Kitty attractant...

Cheers,

Tim

wags on the water
06-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Are you still drinking Tim?

wags on the water
06-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Fishing with the livies was disappointing with only Mac and Stripey tunas hungry for them. One lonely, about legal size, Kingy was also hooked later that night on a live yakka. He was sent back down for another day.

If Bruce is on the boat again ....I will be wearing earplugs!!!! Poor bloke....not! It wasn't the best sound I need to be within earshot of.....NOT HAPPY JAN. It seems as though it's not just the Peanut Butter sandwiches........

Cheers,

Wags

outsiderskip
06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
plenty burly was the answer to catching your fish
nice to see u get few more fish
pete

dayoo
06-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice report Tim. Plenty of squire to 2kg up that way at the moment. Might sneek up to Rainbow Beach next week for a quick fish.

Cheers
Barry

jtpython
06-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Holy Moly that was a fair dinkum strange report lost me at pussy. LOL
Great stuff boys looks like ya had a ball........ Hmmm wags you don't get sick do ya
Congrates guys
JT

hookinin
06-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Good to see you had a good trip or at least Tim and Wags. Sounds like you should give bruce something before you leave home if its becoming a habit surface burley doesn't seem to be much good bin 70-80 metres of water.We fish a bit past the top of the hards friday and come home with a nice haul.
Cheers Gaven

-spiro-
06-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Tim your telling us those big gilrs spewed in them conditions? I'm glad youse are eating those fish........lol
Nice fish..

wags on the water
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Chris - the conditions didn't worry me. It was due to me picturing Bruce hauling in a snapper through his burley trail :-X :-X :-X ....and that god-awful noise if him coughing up the other part of his lung.:sick2: :sick2: :sick2: :sick2:

Tim - if you say Bruce is coming fishing next time, I'm sure I'll be busy.

-spiro-
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
smack him the back of the head and say "silent spew you putting the fish off" inturn when i go in the comp next i could do with a good burley machine. Dose it keep going or will i need to prime it?,,lol

wags on the water
07-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Just feed him occasionally....

Moonlighter
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Timi-cat

You crack me up mate - top report. have you cc'd a copy to the lovely folks at PETA yet - I'm sure they would approve.

Cheers

Grant

(PS are you OK for meeting on 18th?)

murf
08-06-2009, 10:02 AM
hahahaha top stuff Tim

your a legend ;D

that special bait in your pics is also great for catching freshwater kittycrays the ones with the red claws ;) a couple of holes in the tin and you will be eating tasty treats in no time

you haven't got any girlie air fresheners or the like on ya boat making everyone sick haha :P

cheers Murf

Lucky_Phill
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
It's either you, Wags or Bubi that make Bruce up-chuck !!!!!!

he didn't even look like it when I took him out :P

Looks as if I'll have to have another trip out there and ' re-acquaint ' myself with the place. 8-)

BTW, it OK< guys, I went to work all weekend to pay the taxes that are used to maintain the roads that you guys use while I am working to pay the tax that is used to maintian the roads that you guys use to......... :P :P :P etc

Cheers

tropicrows
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Tim & Wags, I don’t have any come back to those comments. I was pretty piss#$ off as well. Next time I’ll stand up current of Wags it’s not fair that Tim get all the berley. If this keeps up I might have to take up land-based fishing.
Still, it was good trip and I’m working on a remedy before the next trip.

murf
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Looks as if I'll have to have another trip out there and ' re-acquaint ' myself with the place. 8-)

BTW, it OK< guys, I went to work all weekend to pay the taxes that are used to maintain the roads that you guys use while I am working to pay the tax that is used to maintian the roads that you guys use to......... :P :P :P etc

Cheers

keep workin Phill haha

I want Roz to build me a new rod ;)

cheers Murf

TimiBoy
09-06-2009, 04:41 AM

And we greatly appreciated it, Phill!

Cheers,

Tim

PinHead
09-06-2009, 05:00 AM

Cheers

sacrilege Phill, that you did not honour Her Majesty QE II by working on the celebration of her birthday. I suggest you need to work longer and harder..the roads are still a bloody disgrace.

Midnight
09-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Gday,
Tropi, see if you can get onto the stuff that Andrew E.T uses.
A lady pharmacist in sydney makes a remedy for you individually and he swears by, couldn't fish without it. He gets sick on a tire tube in the pool.

I'm sorry I cant remember the name of the pharmacist.

Good luck with it. Next time you are really sick, just put a life jacket on and get in the water for a while. It will stop you spewing pretty well straight away.
Just watch out for the man in the grey suit!

Cheers,
Myles

tropicrows
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Myles,

I will look into that, thanks.

As for putting a lifejacket on and jumping into the water, I think I would prefer to cough up my other lung lol. Too many toothy critters out there.

TimiBoy
09-06-2009, 09:32 AM
You'd better get it sorted Bruce. Bubi's good, but carrying an iron lung around may cause some weight issues!!!

Cheers,

Tim

tropicrows
09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Gday,
Tropi, see if you can get onto the stuff that Andrew E.T uses.
A lady pharmacist in sydney makes a remedy for you individually and he swears by, couldn't fish without it. He gets sick on a tire tube in the pool.

I'm sorry I cant remember the name of the pharmacist.

Good luck with it. Next time you are really sick, just put a life jacket on and get in the water for a while. It will stop you spewing pretty well straight away.
Just watch out for the man in the grey suit!

Cheers,
Myles

No worries Tim found out what ET uses and where to get it and I'm in the process of procuring some. 8-)