PDA

View Full Version : Thursday snaps 4/6/9

Schuey
05-06-2009, 10:35 AM
Headed out Thursday for another arvo sesh looking for snaps. My deckie was Shad for the day and I met my brother's boat outside for the sesh aswell. His deckie for the day was Peter (owner of Bulwer bait shop). Was a strange day with our drift patterns constantly changing and the current was ripping through making it difficult to fish. Anyone experience the current that bad yesterday ? Both boats got a good feed of snaps in the end with the biggest going to Mark at about 8lbs. No massive snaps really, but good pan sized. Shad got busted off twice by a couple of biggun's which i suspect were either ambo's or kingies. We also caught (which I'm guessing) was an extra large cuttlefish. He would have been 2 foot long and loved mullet. Thought about chopping him for bait but let the big fella go before i copped a face full of ink :o

Schuey

Plumb-Ezy74
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Troy
Good to see another good arvo snap sesh,and good to see Mark get in to a few.Good work Cheers Scott.

Fisher4life
05-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Those cuttle fish taste GREAT!!

Schuey
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Those cuttle fish taste GREAT!!

arrgghh, dont tell me that !! When I was looking at him in the net I was thinking of my BBQ back home, but once i made eye contact with his big beady eye, I had to let him go.

Schuey

geeb
05-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Great catch - good report - with you on the big beady eye - they look so sad - really hard to eat them unless you get someone else to do the despatching and then marinate, bbq - yum;D

coljac
05-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Snaps look good, can i ask what sort of depth you were fishing?

Schuey
07-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Snaps look good, can i ask what sort of depth you were fishing?

Coljac, fished in depths from 60-100 metres. had to move around coz of the current blowing so hard.

Schuey