PDA

View Full Version : QLDers - FIGHT THE FUEL TAX

Fitzy
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Marine Queensland today announced its support in joining RACQ and other major industry groups in a bid to fight the Queensland Government’s decision to scrap its fuel subsidy scheme. Please see the attached PDF for the full announcement.

Removing the current subsidy saving of 8.35 cents, plus GST, will amount to a tax increase of 9.2 cents on every litre of petrol and diesel.

This decision will not only affect Queensland’s 230,000 recreational boat owners but will have a significant impact on Queensland’s marine industry as a whole.

Marine Queensland encourages all members to support the ‘Fight the Fuel Tax’ campaign by signing the online petition available at www.racq.com/fuelsubsidy (http://www.racq.com/fuelsubsidy)

Cheers,

fitzy..

TheRealAndy
03-06-2009, 09:28 PM
The majority voted Anna, let it be there problem I say.

tunaticer
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm not overly fussed on the subsidy being removed. the more money the govt has to spend the better our conditions will be. Put those savings directly into any major infrastructure is money better spent. A couple of years of subsidy would have gone a long way towards the Traviston Crossing dam they should be building right now.

Xahn1960
03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
The majority voted Anna, let it be there problem I say.

Sad, but true... Qld had its chance to stop Anna, instead the majority chose to drop strides and bend over for another dose of ALP honesty......

Fitzy
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not overly fussed on the subsidy being removed. the more money the govt has to spend the better our conditions will be. Put those savings directly into any major infrastructure is money better spent. A couple of years of subsidy would have gone a long way towards the Traviston Crossing dam they should be building right now.

Off Topic but anyway. Traveston Dam should never be built. Its a disaster for our fish species in the making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpDwP1kMK0U

Cheers,

fitzy..

Fitzy
03-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Facebook users can also join the QUEENSLANDERS AGAINST SCRAPPING THE FUEL SUBSIDY (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105014080866&ref=mf#/group.php?gid=105014080866&ref=mf) group.

Cheers,

fitzy..

The BeaR
03-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Thanks Gary...it has our support.

Eric&Deb...

trymyluck
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Our fuel costs should if going by the price in NSW come down, when i traveled to Coffs Harbour at easter the price of fuel at most servos was equal or cheaper then in Queensland so so much for our subsity. It seems like the only one benifiting from the subsity was the fuel companys.
Mark

sleepygreg
04-06-2009, 01:13 AM
more smoke and mirrors from our 'honest' pollies.

Lovey80
04-06-2009, 03:33 AM

Im not sure how I feel about the subsidy scrapping just yet. At the end of the day were all going to pay for this moronic federal governments 300 Billion dollar debt some how and when inflation goes crazy in the near future the Fed reserve will be looking at the big picture and If there is less money in peoples pockets because its going on fuel then theres another reason not to raise interest rates. If they dont take off you in fuel they'll take it off you some other way. It is also more reason for the car manufacturers to invest more money in fuel efficiency for cars.

I do know one thing though, I am totally against the Traviston dam. There are SO MANY reasons not to do it and a few pathetic ones for the proposal- the biggest one being a political one. Under no circumstances do I see any reason that an informed sane person would be for the Travistion dam unless they were extemely selfish.

Cheers

Chris

finga
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Our fuel costs should if going by the price in NSW come down, when i traveled to Coffs Harbour at easter the price of fuel at most servos was equal or cheaper then in Queensland so so much for our subsity. It seems like the only one benifiting from the subsity was the fuel companys.
Mark
So what makes up the price of fuel in both states??
Do they have the same taxes etc?

I thought NSW had the 3+3 tax over QLD to fund road building and QLD had the subsidy so if there are no other differences why can NSW be cheaper then QLD??

Maybe that's why Anna is getting rid of the subsidy. It's just not getting passed on to the motorist.

Mind you I'm a bit slow in these matters.
I still cannot see how weekly cycling in Brisbane is allowed.
To me it's just a gross ripoff for the majority of people who cannot afford to fuel their vehicles on Tuesday's and Wednesday mornings and have to wait for their pay packet on Wednesday arvo or Thursday morning to be able to fuel up when it's between 15-25c/l more expensive.

choppa
04-06-2009, 08:33 AM
report that i heard on the news late last night was in the area that the fuel price will actually bear MORE than the subsidy value,,,

if sanctioned the 1st July falls mid week,,,, a period that normally shows higher pump prices,,,, along with the predicted oil increase's its estimated that fuel will be closer to $1.30-$1.35 per litre,,,,,

this may not have an effect on some,,,,,, but for those who are already feeling the pinch of the global finance drama,,,, it could be devastating,,,,

anyone seen the mid year report on bankruptcy numbers,,,, if you haven't take my word,,,, its not pretty

choppa

Mrs Ronnie H
04-06-2009, 09:12 AM
[quote=TheRealAndy;1026315]The majority voted Anna, let it be there problem I say.[/quote

I added my name to the petition some days back but they have already handed one over with 60,000 names and she never took any notice of that

Ronnie

Luc
04-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Added my name.

She's in for a couple more year and will depend on the usual voters' reaction:

Winge, winge, winge and forget by election time.

Luc

castlemaine
04-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Added my name.

She's in for a couple more year and will depend on the usual voters' reaction:

Winge, winge, winge and forget by election time.

Luc

We're paying for Smiling Pete and Anna's mismanagement. The Smart State;) .8-)

TheRealAndy
04-06-2009, 06:12 PM
We're paying for Smiling Pete and Anna's mismanagement. The Smart State;) .8-)

AT least pete did something, all Anna does is apologise.

Foxy4
05-06-2009, 05:27 AM
I have already sign the petition even though captain Bligh has made up her mind about it. But you never ever know if you never ever give it a go

Feral
05-06-2009, 07:52 AM
If the price of fuel goes up 9c a litre, it will still be 30c a litre cheaper than it was a year ago.

The money should go in to road funding, thats where the majority of fuel is used, and would then actually be a user pays tax. Which is the fairest tax of all. IE If you dont use the roads, you dont pay the tax to fund them!

Yes Anna has blown the bank, same as Rudd has. Cant cry over spilt milk. The State needs the money.

Oh and I to want Traveston built. Would make a great southern Barra Fishery! It amuses me to see people who are so heavily involved in the Wivanhoe and Somerset fisheries being "holier than thou" about a similar fishery for those of us who would benefit from Traveston. You cant tell me the lungies and cod are not doing really well in somerset!

legsy11
07-06-2009, 09:08 PM
[quote=Feral;1026940]If the price of fuel goes up 9c a litre, it will still be 30c a litre cheaper than it was a year ago.

The money should go in to road funding, thats where the majority of fuel is used, and would then actually be a user pays tax. Which is the fairest tax of all. IE If you dont use the roads, you dont pay the tax to fund them!

Yes Anna has blown the bank, same as Rudd has. Cant cry over spilt milk. The State needs the money.

Oh and I to want Traveston built. Would make a great southern Barra Fishery! It amuses me to see people who are so heavily involved in the Wivanhoe and Somerset fisheries being "holier than thou" about a similar fishery for those of us who would benefit from Traveston. You cant tell me the lungies and cod are not doing really well in somerset![/quot

DO YOU MIND IF I COME IN TO YOUR NEIGHBOORHOOD PUT A DAM WALL UP AND FLOOD YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,OH THATS RIGHT WE WONT HAVE TO TRAVEL 2HRS FURTHER TO CATCH A BARRA. YOU R A MORON. I KNOW THIS GOV MAY BEET ME BUT IF IT WAS A BATTLE OF THE WEAKEST I WOULD CERTAINLY TAKE YOU OUT FREAK. DOES ANYONE THINK MORE REVINUE RAISING BULLCRAP FROM THIS PATHETIC GOV IS GOING TO CHANGE A THING,HOW MUCH DO THEY ALREADY RECEIVE AND THEY JUST KEEP ON COMING.

udlman
07-06-2009, 09:43 PM
DO YOU MIND IF I COME IN TO YOUR NEIGHBOORHOOD PUT A DAM WALL UP AND FLOOD YOU AND YOUR FAMILY,OH THATS RIGHT WE WONT HAVE TO TRAVEL 2HRS FURTHER TO CATCH A BARRA. YOU R A MORON. I KNOW THIS GOV MAY BEET ME BUT IF IT WAS A BATTLE OF THE WEAKEST I WOULD CERTAINLY TAKE YOU OUT FREAK. DOES ANYONE THINK MORE REVINUE RAISING BULLCRAP FROM THIS PATHETIC GOV IS GOING TO CHANGE A THING,HOW MUCH DO THEY ALREADY RECEIVE AND THEY JUST KEEP ON COMING.

Someone has their panties in a knot. You don't have to yell either.

Do you know where Feral comes from??? He may come from the area when the dam will be put.

Considering the population growth that we are having, the government has to consider future utilities. People have to get water from somewhere, it costs too much to get it from the sea, not to mention the environmental problems caused by high salt concentrations in the area of the desal plant. If the traveston dam was built it would have been full a couple of times over by now with all the rain that we have been having.

PinHead
08-06-2009, 05:56 AM
If the price of fuel goes up 9c a litre, it will still be 30c a litre cheaper than it was a year ago.

Oh and I to want Traveston built. Would make a great southern Barra Fishery! It amuses me to see people who are so heavily involved in the Wivanhoe and Somerset fisheries being "holier than thou" about a similar fishery for those of us who would benefit from Traveston. You cant tell me the lungies and cod are not doing really well in somerset!

User pays..that is the dumbest term I have ever heard i nrelation to taxes...have not used a public hospital since my son was born..26 years ago..kids finished school years ago..I don't want my taxes going to hospitals or schools then...sheesh..we ALL pay for all infrastructure whether you use it or not.

traveston..that name would not even be mentioned if Rudd, Swan and Goss did not can the Wolffdene project.

The fuel subsidy...it goes to show that boy wonder Fraser has not the faintest idea on financial management..methinks the Bounty is starting to sink..where is a Fletcher Christian when you need him????

Lovey80
08-06-2009, 08:11 AM

This is the most selfish post I have seen in a long time.

NAGG
08-06-2009, 08:33 AM
It certainly sux when you loose a generous government benefit ......... But lets face it - no other state gets it! Honestly , can Qld really afford it.:-/

What annoyed me were the jokers that I saw on the news the night it was announced >:( .......... Some sparkie reckons that he will need to add $5 to his service calls ......... ( I worked out that the cost of my weekend 700km round trip to Mondy .... will increase by around $15 - Boat fuel included)

Yep - The profiteering will be rife :( ......... specially when you consider that prices rose 12 months ago when petrol approached $1.90 / lt :oops:

Chris

iceknight
09-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Who voted anna anyway?

insideout
09-06-2009, 08:39 AM
I will sign where ever i can to help fight annas scrapping of the fuel subsidy, hell i will sign anything that fights annas ideas full stop.
But i do get the idea that she is going to steamroll any of our concerns, and things are going to take a very grim turn for the worse within her term...

legsy11
13-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Someone has their panties in a knot. You don't have to yell either.

Do you know where Feral comes from??? He may come from the area when the dam will be put.

Considering the population growth that we are having, the government has to consider future utilities. People have to get water from somewhere, it costs too much to get it from the sea, not to mention the environmental problems caused by high salt concentrations in the area of the desal plant. If the traveston dam was built it would have been full a couple of times over by now with all the rain that we have been having.

hmmm?? me thinks a may have had a tough day at work,sorry if i went over the top.ok so population growth has wat to do with trav,mismanagent of all resources is the key here.im certainly no expert but when will a goverment sit down and put a serious effort into replanning.i remember it wasnt that long ago the gcoast council told bris council they didnt need anymore water pumped down there an they said too bad already bin paid for,S E R I O U S L Y .

Reel Nauti
14-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I've signed the online petition and I'll sign anything anywhere if it might help to have this ridiculous decision overturned. But it probably won't. And as for the money going to infrasture?????..............what a bloody joke. Qld Health is largely dysfunctional, the roads are collapsing as patch upon patch is coming off, Qld Rail has had bugger all spent on it (mainline I'm talking here........look at the myriad of 40km curves which are still there after a hundred years). Bligh is a liar through to the marrow in her bones. She couldn't give a rats about infrastructure and her performance alone is testimony to that, yet now we're supposed to believe her??
Please Governor, step in now. Only you can protect us now from this incompetence.

Dave