PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Rollers

Seahorse
31-05-2009, 07:50 PM
I need to replace some rollers on my trailer.
I got 5 met stacer runabout.
Whats best way as i need to get boat up of tralier a bit.

Cheers
Greg

Steeler
31-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi Greg

I normally take the boat down to the ramp with a buddy,launch it and do the rollers that way.Heaps easier with boat off and a good excuse to take the boat out afterwards.

Cheers

Steve

Tailortaker
31-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Greg

I normally take the boat down to the ramp with a buddy,launch it and do the rollers that way.Heaps easier with boat off and a good excuse to take the boat out afterwards.

Cheers

Steve
I saw a guy doing that on friday, he anchored the boat and than did his rollers beside the ramp,,makes sence if it's not a busy ramp.

Steeler
31-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Tailortaker

I'm pretty fortunate that the ramp down from me ( Marmong Point on Lake Macquarie,Newcastle ) is pretty quite through the week and having a buddy help takes no time at all.

Regards

Steve

Tailortaker
31-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Tailortaker

I'm pretty fortunate that the ramp down from me ( Marmong Point on Lake Macquarie,Newcastle ) is pretty quite through the week and having a buddy help takes no time at all.

Regards

Steve
Yer I think it's a good idea, I saw this guy on friday when it was quiet and thought that I'll have to do the same soon.

The-easyrider
31-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeh thats how I did mine float the boat put the trailer under a tree and go to work.

Bazzawookooka
31-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Greg,

I've got a 5m trailcraft (4mm sides, 5mm undersides) and it's reasonably heavy, but when I do my trailer maintenence I just roll her off onto a coule of old tyres straight on to the lawn.

She's easy just to winch back on when you're done.

Worth a try IMHO.

Steve

dnej
31-05-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=66511
Greg ,
There is some great information here for you. It is an old post on the subject.
Stay at home and do it.If the job gets into many hours,you dont have an issue with time
Regards David