PDA

View Full Version : Hard Tops Anyone

OPTI
31-05-2009, 02:35 PM
just poped the first one out of the mould today ,they measure 2.2m long and 2m wide ,ive built it for my 233 but they would suit most trailer boats 6m and over,im going to do a internal liner next with radio box and speaker mounts so it will be gell coat inside and out ,if anyone is interested in one give me a pm ,cheers dave

ps ,the you trim the sides to suit the look your after ,tappered of flat

marty+jojo
31-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Looks the goods mate, looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished product.
Marty.

trueblue
31-05-2009, 03:02 PM
how many kilos will the finished unit weigh?

cheers

Mick

OPTI
31-05-2009, 03:26 PM
how many kilos will the finished unit weigh?

cheers

Mick
i can make any weight you want ?im keeping mine light using foam sandwich 25 kg max i guess.

OPTI
31-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Looks the goods mate, looking forward to seeing some pics of the finished product.
Marty.
yeah thanks marty ,its taken a long time ,ive made a new dash and side pocket as well its getting close now when its together i put some pics up.

Spaniard_King
31-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Dave, I will be keen to have a look in the flesh when its on. Always wanted one for my 6m.

OPTI
31-05-2009, 04:07 PM
yep photos coming gary ,happy to make you one mate

ozscott
31-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Mate - given that its so light I would be interested. I dont want to stand on mine - 6.4m Vagabond. I was going to get a new canopy for mine, but I wouldnt mind a hard top. Can you PM me for cost?

Cheers

cormorant
31-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Make a couple of longer deeper pockets and store your life jackets in the hardtop. Gets them out of the decent storage places at your feet and will also help right boat if it goes over. The 100mm extra wind resistance is negligale and it acts as a insulator from hot sun and reverb noise from motors. Meets saftery inspection as they are at hand and easy access if you have to bail out. Extra deep lip makes the whole hardtop a lot stronger for bolting on.and gives andy electrics a lot more protection.
If it hasn't got a good gutter , drip edge try and mould one in as there is nothing worse than going out the back and getting water down the back of the neck when it's raining or even after a run with lots of spray.

Like to see it on a boat finished when you get it done

noboatyet
31-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Dave,
Here's a couple of photos of one on a 6.0m. I'm really happy with the way it finished up.
Just have to get and finish the rocket launcher.
Cheers
Murray

ozscott
31-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I suppose the only drawback to a full length HT is that it makes overhead casting difficult - so back to side cast when I had the full length soft top attached I guess...everything is a compromise I guess.

Cheers

OPTI
31-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks murray ,that does look good ,not to big either ,as you can see ,you can trim the sides up to where you want ,or taper them down aft .it has a built up section aft to channel the water to the rear corners and hopefully off the side of the boat.

siegfried
31-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Great work Opti, my 233 is half way through a refit at present, new control box and stainless and aluminium HT etc, I wish I had known what you were up to as I would have preferred FG over ally for the top. Anyway good stuff ,hope you make a few bob along the way .Like to see the end result.

Wahoo
31-05-2009, 07:40 PM
nice work there Opti....

is that a 223 formula siegfried?

siegfried
31-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Yes mate, 233 formula been off the water 2 months, be nice to have it back

FNQCairns
31-05-2009, 08:39 PM
PM me please OPTI with cost for a light one -X gelcoat if you will do it and if you will courier.

cheers fnq

OPTI
01-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Yes mate, 233 formula been off the water 2 months, be nice to have it back
you need one of my 233 dashboards ,they are a drop on fit im just making the matching side pocket now with control box mount
glove box and food esky on passanger side,plenty of room to flush mount 12 inch monitors etc,this photo is when i just dropped it in to check clearence ,it hasnt been trimmed yet

noboatyet
01-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Great work Dave!!!

Cheers Murray

siegfried
01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
That is way too cool8-) unfortunately the inside is done and weve nearly completed the top:( , I would definitly have gone with yours ,way more pretty and very funtional.If ever I do another 233 (Possible) youll be hearing from me , Again congratulations on a $hit hot job. EC are about to fire up again down south apparently ,they could do worse then get those consoles from you and jazz em up a bit,we all aint wirra ab divers ;D

ozscott
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the PM Opti - if you can post pics once its one that would be good...its hard to tell until its one what it will look like. I have seen plenty of full length hard tops that dont do any favours to the lines of a nice craft, so keen to see how it all shapes up.

Cheers

purple patch2
01-06-2009, 06:57 PM
G'day all Here's a pic of a hardtop I made for my rig.

OPTI
10-08-2009, 04:32 PM
just an update ,the inner hardtop plug is finally finished ,will be moulded this weekend,this is what it will look like ,[upside down of course].full width radio box foward and the rear round pods are for the stereo speakers and led lights,i tried to keep the profile as low as possible,should get one mounted to my 233 in a month

Essence
10-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Looks nice, is it flat enough to put a couple of solar panels on top?

OPTI
11-08-2009, 06:31 AM
yes know worries ,im thinking of putting two on my own,the top has moulded water diverters which will also give a solar pannel a flush fit look.
looking at it front to back

Essence
11-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Great, will be good to see the finished one!