PDA

View Full Version : Friday arvo fish

Schuey
31-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Like any self respecting fisho with a good forecast in front of him, I quickly ditched work and so did my mate Scotty (Plumb-Ezy 74). Headed out in great conditions for an arvo fish. First spot pulled a couple of snaps and pearlies, but then started to get mauled by big ambo's, kingy's and sharks. So after the shark we had to move. Onto another spot where the snapper where biting better. Kept the snaps, pearlies and reefies but released the kingy, ambo, trag to live another day. Best snap went about 3.5/4 kg. No other standouts really, but a good feed.

Schuey

Plumb-Ezy74
31-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for a great arvo out ,it was good to get back on the water after missing out on the the Fraser trip with the rest of the Plumb-Ezy Crew, even if i do owe you for a six pack of bundy for the Biggest snap of the day prize. The Crumbed Fish Dogs i had for lunch yesty after the filleting were very tasty.

Cheers Scott

nickstock
31-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Good work releasing the Ambo, Trag and Kingie mate!

What is the spikey orange looking fella in with the reefies?

Nick

Schuey
31-05-2009, 11:15 AM
G'da Nick, i think he's a poor man's lobster. i hope so anyway, coz i've either eaten him or farmed him out. :o

Lucky_Phill
31-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Red Rock Cod.

Poor mans lobster..... yep.

Ugly fish, great flesh and flavour.

Nice work guys.

Phill

Fishbait
31-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice goin Schuey - didn't you keep the amberjack - i think their nice chewin. Darren

Tim_N
31-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Good stuff Schuey,
You've gotta take advantage of the weather.
Excellent table fare too,
Tim

Schuey
31-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Yeah thanks fellas. Darren i dont usually keep the kings, ambo's or trag. I've eaten them before, but at that size is really is a lot of meat to cut and bring home. So to see a couple of big fellas swim away I'm more than happy with that. Always happy with a feed of snapper and reefies I suppose. I launch from bribie so if i've ever got one on board you more than welcome to eat him.

jtpython
31-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Awesome effort quality fillets there
JT

skipalong
31-05-2009, 07:06 PM
top work troy some quality fish there

pm sent

justin