PDA

View Full Version : South African Fishing Ski

MEG-A-BITE
28-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi All
Do any of you fish off the Erics or stealth range of South African fishing skis.I should have packed mine in when I moved but now need to get a new one.
Do you ever fish for Couta Spanish macs from you skis?I going to be moving the Morton bay area.How often do you find them within paddling range?

rainbowrascal
28-05-2009, 12:14 PM
You need a paddle ski that they fished off Vetches pier in Durban, that would be ideal here. Have a look at the supplied link - http://www.fishingnoosa.com.au/kayaks.htm, these guys catch all sorts out of Noosa. ;D ;D Afew months back there was a few guys fishing off Sydney, when a great white came by bigger than the yak :o :o I dont think they fish as much any more.
Ex Durbanitel

MEG-A-BITE
28-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi yes I had a ski back home but did more big surf launches off durban north.Tell me you boat is that a mallards ...525?and I was out that day when the Gwhite had a look at the dude in his yak...Iv had many encounters with sharks on the ski and they only want your catch or just trying to see what this object is on the water,that dude fell in the water after getting over exited at the sight of the shark and the shak did not touch him????if it was going to bite him he would not have seen it comming....

rainbowrascal
28-05-2009, 12:56 PM
I was a member of Durban Ski Boat club for many years. I won the Umchlanga festival in 88 with the only marlin of the tournament. Fished with Chappy Wicks on his sharkcat for a number of years before leaving SA in 97. My boat is a 4.8 Mallards Cobracat which I use up in Hervey Bay and 1770.

MEG-A-BITE
28-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I was also a member of the DBN ski boat club and got second in the last DBN ski boat bonanza this comp replaced the Umhlanga comp in 2001.Caught a 28kg couta off umdoni.I had a 575 Mallards and man I should have shiped it over here when we moved.I really miss my boat...beats the hell out of anything i have seen here..

Bayside Duane
14-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I have a Stealth BFS they are pretty popular and there are a few guys around with Erics. See the guys at Poseidon kayaks for Stealths
i know someone selling his 3 month old BFS with some extras for a very good price if you are keen

sprat
15-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Re used BFS, what is rough price and what accessories?

shabss
15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
nice to see some more ex durbanites here
ex durbanite 2

Bayside Duane
18-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Re used BFS, what is rough price and what accessories?
I think he was asking $1590

BFS fishing ski in white/red 2010 model
carbon fibre wing paddle..really light and easy to use
stainless steel factory trolley to move the ski around = it fits over skeg and is light and portable
stealth factory clip on backrest
garmin 160c colour sounder = professionally installed by the stealth team
battery for sounder

everything is in perfect order...located in the bayside brisbane...thanks

I cant tell you where to look due to the censorship on this site but try some kayaking forums

JRJR
05-09-2009, 06:32 AM
I think these South African fishing skis are great especially for surf launches where you can stow your gear inside.
I intend to get one as a second Kayak when I find one.

INDUNA
05-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi Guys,

Ex Durbanite no 3. I currently use a Tomski and A Perception Swing.

Cheers,
Tom

PinHead
05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
INDUNA;[/B]1068956]Hi Guys,

Ex Durbanite no 3. I currently use a Tomski and A Perception Swing.

Cheers,
Tom

a bit off topic..an Induna..a leader of about 100 zulu warriors..interesting name..LOL
I actually had a dog with the same name.

RAGINGBULL
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
EX DURBANITE NO 4
Fished off Durban Paddle ski club and was on commitee for years
Fished off Toti with a Crocker ski
Now fish up SUNNY and down the GOLD coast in a Haines V17R
1770 EACH SEPTEMBER.

Cheers
Mark

mudrunner
08-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I think he was asking $1590

BFS fishing ski in white/red 2010 model
carbon fibre wing paddle..really light and easy to use
stainless steel factory trolley to move the ski around = it fits over skeg and is light and portable
stealth factory clip on backrest
garmin 160c colour sounder = professionally installed by the stealth team
battery for sounder

everything is in perfect order...located in the bayside brisbane...thanks

I cant tell you where to look due to the censorship on this site but try some kayaking forums

pretty sure thats the one i bought. caught a few pinkies and a flathead off it already.....