PDA

View Full Version : Cabbage Tree Point Ramp Still Open?

BaitThrower
26-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Can anyone confirm the Cabbage Tree Point ramp at Steiglitz is still open for use until 1st June? Or is it already closed off and unusable? Wanting to go out tomorrow or Thursday and was planning on using that ramp.

bennykenny
26-05-2009, 08:19 AM
didnt know it was being closed??? what for, just repair works i hope, i didnt think .the ramp was that bad.might shoot down there today and have a look,

BaitThrower
26-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Supposedly closed from 1st June to 20th July for remodel (or something to that effect).

bennykenny
26-05-2009, 02:38 PM
just went down there for a look and took some photos, cant see why they have to close it for 2 months it doesnt look that bad at all, a few cracks high in the ramp but the lower half is in good condition, just the GCCC wasting a bit more money

BaitThrower
26-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for checking it out bennykenny. Looks like its still open at least until June 1st, so I have a chance to use it this week at least :)

bennykenny
26-05-2009, 06:08 PM
yeah good luck too you, hope you catch some good ones, fell sorry for the people at cabbage tree being without a ramp for 8 weeks though

BaitThrower
26-05-2009, 08:56 PM
yeah good luck too you, hope you catch some good ones, fell sorry for the people at cabbage tree being without a ramp for 8 weeks though

Yeah that poor bloke at the tackle and tinny hire shop right at the ramp there. He will suffer while repairs are undertaken. :-/
Oh well, once done it will probably bring him even more business though ;)

bennykenny
27-05-2009, 07:28 AM
hopefully they will still be able to launch from the beach

BaitThrower
28-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Picked up a couple of bream yesterday. Successfully launched from the ramp at high tide and retrieved on a very low tide. I dont see any reason to close it... Sure there are a few cracks that could be filled in for aesthetics, but if thewy are closing for 2 months, lets hope at least a pontoon gets put in.

Donny Boy
29-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Probably leaving it open for King of the Pin.....is that this weekend ??? :-/

Can just imagine the chaos at JW if everyone was launching from there.........:o

Geez........you'd have to park at the Sugar Mill. ::)