PDA

View Full Version : 1770 Charter

scoota
25-05-2009, 06:53 AM
The Bribie crew could not have picked a better time to go fishin than last week!
With S/E Qld getting drowned we ended up with a wet afternoon Tuesday and a bit of wind then light winds and clear skys for the next three days;D .
First time for us aboard the MV Coral Sea, "Silver Dolphin Charters" on a five day charter fishing the Capricorn Bunker group.
We steamed out early hours of the morning on Monday and were fishing off North Reef by 9.00am. We then fished our way down the reefs finishing up at Fitzroy Thursday night. Fished around Fitzroy till around 1.00pm then back to port around 5.00pm Friday. We winch fished all day in depths from 40-100 metres catching a huge variety of quality table fish including Red Emporer, Coral and Corination Trout, Maori, Comet, Coral and Greasy Cod, Tuskfish, Red Throat, Pearl Perch, Frying Pan Snapper, Cobia, Jobfish and Hussar. We all took home packs of fillets as well as whole fish so a big esky is required.
The skipper Peter owns operates the business and gives you a confident feeling in the vessel and knows where the fish are. Rex the decky is one of those champion blokes that can't do enough for you and together, with their continuous banter with each other, keeps you laughing all day.
Can't wait till next year8-)
Few pics attached.

Happy Days...

Scoota...

kitty_cat
25-05-2009, 07:20 AM
you are not wrong mate weather down here was the pits ,the veriety of fish is awsome cant wait to get back up there
set up on the boat looks the goods what did they charge for the charter and how many does it sleep.

reel scream
25-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Nice one Scoota. Weather looks the goods.

Cheers
Scott

lizard bribie
25-05-2009, 09:22 AM
;D GREAT REPORT SCOOTA LIKE YOU CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR CHEERS lizard bribie:P

scrubba01
25-05-2009, 11:48 AM
They are a good opperation with good genuine blokes. Not sure if I can agree with everything you said about Rex though.;) :P

I think it is $225 a day and she sleeps 10 have been many times and will be going again soon, can't wait.:D

geeb
25-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks for that report - sounds like a great trip and a good operator - also an excellent variety of fish - you could get a whole group of new PB'S in one hit:P

Very interesting read as well - made me very jealous - I need more Red in my life....cheers........Geeb

jtpython
25-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Conditons were good when you went out looks like a good hual too. Nice reds and trout you've managed
JT

scoota
26-05-2009, 07:12 AM
For a 50 foot boat and ten blokes on board it was very workable. As Scrubba said, its $2250 for the boat per day and will do 4 or 5 day charters.
The weather must be workable or they won't go and will try to get you out for a few days if they can.
The crew before us were suposed to be a 5 dayer but couldn't get out till late tuesday. Peter steamed out and they fished till late friday getting back at 10pm and he only charged them for 3 days.

Scoota...

setchy
27-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm going on the silver dolphin for a 3 day trip in september with workmates cannot wait.