PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter off Bundy

Crusty Sea Dog
24-05-2009, 10:54 AM
After spending a week camping at Childers with family we finally got a break in the weather and headed out for a 24hr session off Bundaberg. We packed up 2 tinnies and all four of us headed off around midday. We were in the water round 2pm and off we went. The night started off slow until about midnight when they finally come on the bite. We had a snooze round 3am and was awake again at 6am ready for another go. We fished all day and got back to the ramp just before dark with eskies full!:P All fish were taken on pillys, arrow tails and flesh bait, the majority of the fish were taken on flesh, 75 all up!!
Awesome trip can't wait to do it again.;D

outsiderskip
24-05-2009, 11:20 AM
great catch
how far out were u and what depth

pete

Keechie
24-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Awesome session, there some great fish and plenty of them. Try and lures such as soft plastics there too?

chop duster
24-05-2009, 11:39 AM
geesus Sea Dog!
few fish you got there, that trout is a stonka too

bronsonwinston
24-05-2009, 11:44 AM
There some greast fish form a couple of tinnies! What depth did the reds come from?

jtpython
24-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Massive trip there guys ............ weather treated you well for that excellent mixed bag reds trout and some good sized lippers .Congrates
JT

Jeremy
24-05-2009, 04:59 PM
great haul there. Was this out at the gutters somewhere? Looks like you are anchored off the stern in the third pic? Why?

Jeremy

Crusty Sea Dog
24-05-2009, 06:15 PM
We were about 24 mile out and were fishing in 30-40m. No plastics were used.
In the third pic that was my cousin having a hang from behind us. Luckily, he had to jump in to gaf that red casue I was on to another one myself.

geeb
24-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Fantastic catch - love the way in the picture of death the fish get bigger and bigger. some great eating there - but even better some great stories to be told, adventures that were had and muscles that will now need some gentle rubs from those that love you - in my capacity as an unqualified Doctor of Piscatorialism - I perscribe for all participants - at least three glasses of red, or seven beers, or six rums followed by a stress relief massage of a tense part of the body..this is very important to ensure the ongoing growth of our sport/survival......cheers..........Geeb

nickstock
25-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Massive haul there mate! It's good to see a good haul from the small boat brigade!

Cheers,

Nick

Benno1
25-05-2009, 01:13 PM
top shelf haul boys...love it!!!...thanks very much for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Spot82
25-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Great catch guys well done!! As someone else mentioned were you out the gutters way or more north east of bundy?

Thanks for the report and pics

Anthony