PDA

View Full Version : Webser twin fishers

tin can marlin
23-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Just wondering if anyone has got any reports on the webter twin fisher boats i saw one the other day and was very impressed with the finsh and the fishing room in it. Has anyone been in one and being a cat what are they like in a large see etc. :) :)

Lovey80
23-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Mate I have a 4.3 centre console. I bought it as a creek/bay boat and as such dont take it out in big seas. On good days from Mooloolaba to Murphys is about it. For what it is (pressed tinny) I am very happy with my choice. The worst I have had it in was a 30kt squall blew up suddenly while fishing inside the tincan harbour and had to make a run over to Kauri creek. The waves were less than desirable but found that getting it wound up really helped the ride. I averaged about 19kts all the way back in but was soaking wet. Only time I felt in danger was leaving the harbour for the bay when the waves were pitching verticle and I had a little too much throttle on. The 5.2m cuddy model would do great outside but i intend on going to a glass cat for an outside boat and turning mine into a permenant creek boat with casting deck and leccy motor. With a 50hp Suzi on the back it is awesome on fuel.

Cheers

Chris

Crocodile
24-05-2009, 07:41 AM
I have a 4.3 centre console.
For, very soft riding, stable, very safe and predictable handling, roomy, efficient with single motor.
Against, can be wet, leans the wrong way in turns.
I use use mine offshore from the Gold Coast, handles big seas well for such a small and light boat.
You need to remember that it is only a small and light boat and not be over-confident.

Lovey80
25-05-2009, 03:45 AM
One more thing, I new when I purchased this boat that I would eventualy buy a second for offshore work. If I was to chose a single boat for everything I would go the new 4.9 CC. Wider and more bouyant in the rear with the extended hull pods to allow 4 stroke engines. The 4.9 Bass master would be my choice and really pick the days I was to head wide.

Cheers

Chris

Scott79
27-05-2009, 10:40 PM
TCM, went for a run recently in a mate's 4.9 runabout with a 90 etec, and I was remarkably impressed. Admittedly most of my running around is usually in tinnies 4.5 to 4.75m so you would expect that I would see a difference, but for a similar sized boat the ride just can't be compared.
We did about 70 kms on the day, and coming home after lunch when there was a bit of chop was when the difference was most noticed. At cruising speed it just seemed to glide over the chop rather than coming down with a bang over every bump.

The way I see it, the pros are:
# Great ride
# Plenty of room
# Well finished
# Well thought-out layout
# One engine (if comparing it with a whaler/dominator)

and the cons are:
# Not much room up the front in the runabout configuration
# Pricey compared to similar sized tinnys
# Quite unattractive

As with all boats it's "horses for courses", but IMO it offers a pretty good allround package for this size boat.

Scott.

Lovey80
28-05-2009, 01:03 AM
Any reason your asking TCM?

Catweb
29-05-2009, 07:17 PM
I have a 4.9 runabout with 90 Etec as well. Recently returned from a trip over on the SA West Coast with a mate.

After going out in my TW every day for 9 days in all sorts of conditions, my mate who owns a 575 C/C Explorer declared the TW was a better riding boat, softer in any sea, more stable, more predictable, and better to fish from than his boat. A real eye opener. If not for the cabin, which he needs for family reasons, he would trade up to a TW. His words not mine...............

insideout
29-05-2009, 07:32 PM
if i were u and i was only looking at the 4.3 - 4.9 talk to lovey abit more, check out the setup hes got with the camping bits ect, m8 ,you will not find a betta setup, he was kind enough to let me have a look a couple of years ago, and if you were towin the ultimate campin- fishin package, his is what id have. ( betta hurry up and put a pat pending on it m8......;) ;) )

Failing that have a look at my borger cat, with a single 140 hp suzi......