PDA

View Full Version : Cabbage Tree Point Boat Ramp Refurbishment

whitingkiller
20-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi guys

Just wanted to let you know that the local council has placed a sign to this ramp stating that a major refurbishment will take place, and that the WHOLE ramp will be closed from 1 june to 20 July.....right smack band in the middle of the bream season!!..pretty clever timing from the council....obviously these guys aren't fishos!..
should have been done say march/april or later in the year maybe??..or shut down part of the ramp at a time??

now you know..that leaves Jacobs well and rudy maas as the only 2 alternatives....fun times ahead

SeaHunt
20-05-2009, 11:29 AM
There is not much wrong with that ramp anyway, if they wanted to waste money on something there they could invest in a carpark, its nothing to walk half a K on a good day to get your car. :P

Maybe they are putting up a fence beside the ramp to stop me doing beach retrieves... ::)

Donny Boy
20-05-2009, 02:06 PM
That's a good little ramp that !!
I thought it needed to be broke before you can fix. :-/

HEY !! GOOD TIMING GUYS !!! :-X

BaitThrower
20-05-2009, 04:15 PM
What a pain in the bum. Maybe they are going to float a pontoon there?

sleepygreg
20-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I was there on Monday and they were ripping up the concrete ramp with one of those big excavators. They were also poring concrete into some sort of moulds in another fenced off area in the middle of the carpark.....dont know if that is related to the ramp works or something else.

Greg

PinHead
20-05-2009, 07:31 PM
wow..they must have started early then..not the 1st June yet.

Blaster Bretty
21-05-2009, 07:54 AM
The best thing they can do with cabbage tree ramp is to station a permanent officer there to co-ordinate all the comings and going's
The last 3 times I have launched from cabbage tree I have been waiting in line and then bloke's come rolling down the street and and do the big F-you and reverse onto the ramp and launch there boat's, rile's me up a tad but im so nice , The bloke's in front of me do the same, after all we are there to fish and relax, not biff and smash!...right

Bretty