PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Boats

nickstock
20-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi guys,

Has anyone taken delivery of a new Fisher this year? If so are you happy?

Also,

How did you find the finish / build quality compared to other 'name' plate boats?

The boats I am looking at are the 520 & 550 centre consoles. Any previous owners of Fishers that have any pro's / con's to add?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

nickstock
20-05-2009, 08:53 AM
From what I have been told they are up and running again under new management. Don’t quote me, but I don’t think Col is in the picture anymore.

I am not looking for a slinging match about them, I am seeking opinions about the ride and build quality of the boats from owners and people who regularly fish out of them.

Cheers,

Nick

dfox
20-05-2009, 08:56 AM
My cousin's 7 meter is under way at the moment, its a pro crabbing boat, more or less a large centre console. I'll have a look over it when its completed ... foxy

Redhunter
20-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi nickstock i have a 6.3 fisher geting built down there at the moment
got two weeks to go i will do a report when finished.
Give mick sanderson a call on 0429043900

mod5
20-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Several posts deleted.

Please stick to the topic. The member is asking questions about current Fisher Boats and this thread has nothing to do with the former Fisher Company.

If you have off topic matters to discuss start another thread.

marlin01
22-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Nickstock
I regularly fish in a 6M fisher and find it an excellent ride and well above average fit out/design especially when stacked against several other leading al boats of similar size I have fished in. Well worth the xtra $;)
Cheers
Marlin01

Pazz01
22-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Nick

I passed a centre cab fisher this morning on the way to work for sale in Cairns. It had a flash paint job in like orange/yellow with a zuke on it. Look around 6 metres.

Might be worth a look if you come to Cairns at all.

Pazz

dazbax73
23-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi guys,

Has anyone taken delivery of a new Fisher this year? If so are you happy?

Also,

How did you find the finish / build quality compared to other 'name' plate boats?

The boats I am looking at are the 520 & 550 centre consoles. Any previous owners of Fishers that have any pro's / con's to add?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Nick

Picking up my boat this Thursday. Will let you know how it all goes soon.

Daz

Buddy Mania
24-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I'll be compiling a summary of my experiences with Fisher Boats and others when my boat is completed. I can't do it now as the saga is still unfolding and I'm yet to learn whether there's a happy ending or not. It's not likely to be a love story.

Systemic
31-05-2009, 10:37 AM
My cousin's 7 meter is under way at the moment, its a pro crabbing boat, more or less a large centre console. I'll have a look over it when its completed ... foxy

Any updates Foxy?
I see Daz has recieved his!
Was thinking about flying down and having a look at their new shed/setup ect.
Lee

Redhunter
31-05-2009, 07:12 PM
g'day systemic, mine has just come back from the spray painters on friday looking
smicko, painey and boys down there have been lookin after me, will keep you updated.
Regards Big Reds

Systemic
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Thanks Big Reds
Look forward to the update!
Lee

dfox
02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Any updates Foxy?
I see Daz has recieved his!
Was thinking about flying down and having a look at their new shed/setup ect.
Lee

His boat is about finished the motor goes on in the morning, i havent seen it, but he is really happy with it.
I think he may post a report in the near future ...