PDA

View Full Version : Back from stanage

livysrgo
19-05-2009, 06:58 PM
How you all goin? First time time report.Just got back from Stanage after 7 days of 20/25knt winds. Didnt get to where wanted to go but found some new ground close to town,this place is so GOOD Great locals,Great fishin,Great place to relax.

jtpython
19-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Did ya's get onto some big Stanage GT's Mate
Yes weather was terrible till about thursday then started to settle .............. Suppose the pub got a work out to LOl
great pics can see the washing machine condition
JT

Ripples
19-05-2009, 07:41 PM
The pics look like the rocks infront of Alligator Point.
Stanage is a great spot if the weather holds out ,fished out wide about 5 years ago for some nice reefies.

Angla
19-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I take it you missed out on visiting all the island groups. That is a shame . We found the Percy group to be pristine during our visit a couple of years ago.

Did you get out of the sound and into the Bay at all?

We found the locals pretty easy to talk to and got some great advice on where to go and what to target as well as pointing us to the watering hole. We got rained out (or nearly in) towards the end of our 6 day trip.

Cheers
Chris

livysrgo
19-05-2009, 09:24 PM
YEh no didnt get out front much,got to marbles on wed,but only stayed for 2 hours but got 2 nice coral trout{first ones}got other photos but cant work out. too big to put in mb size.

rugbymick
20-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Email them to yourself. Windows will ask if you would like to make the filesize smaller. Say yes to the option and it should shrink to be small enough to post;)

nezevic99
20-05-2009, 01:40 PM
What size boat were you in? How would it go launching a 6m plate boat at stanage? How's the ramp? We've been thinking about giving it a go but never having been there, we're unsure what to expect.

Dean1
20-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah I hear all the time about stanage so my mates tell me. Did you meet Tony and Von at Stanage Bay marine and accomadation?? They are very good friends of mine. Im trying to get up this year. Great to see you enjoyed it with the bad weather and all. Deano.

dog tooth
20-05-2009, 07:32 PM
nezevic99 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=47692) we up there in aprle and the ranp was fine launchine a 5.5m without a 4x4
just goto watch that you dont get caught out by the tides. 1/2 tide and above

mangomick
20-05-2009, 08:51 PM
What size boat were you in? How would it go launching a 6m plate boat at stanage? How's the ramp? We've been thinking about giving it a go but never having been there, we're unsure what to expect.

There she be.
All I saw going out was 6+ metre plate boats. Kind of made my mouth water;D

Dont know how it would be on really big outs though. You might have to check that out with someone whos launched there

Angla
20-05-2009, 11:21 PM
You do not launch or retrieve on low tide! It has to be 1/2 tide or better in general.

You also need some protection on the trailer for the last 100 km of dirt road that throws stones at the boat all the way. The stones flick up from everywhere.

Cheers
Chris

ratboy
24-05-2009, 02:57 AM
Been marooned at the ramp once or twice( 4 metre tinnie)

Mattg68
24-05-2009, 09:22 AM
got other photos but cant work out. too big to put in mb size.

try this software bloke, super easy.

click link below

http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

Matt