PDA

View Full Version : Qld/Nsw border

tenzing
18-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Might seem like a silly question, but does anyone have a gps mark for a seaward extension of the qld/nsw border?
I dont have a Nsw licence and was fishing in the vicinity on the weekend , and had to have a guesstimate from a chart .
Would like to plot it on the GPS.
Cheers Brendan

finding_time
18-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Brendan

Cant help you with marks , but i do know that it doesnt run due east it runs on more of a ene direction from point danger. For this reason i always have a NSW fishing licence on me , i just update it every year when they send me the form.

Ian

Ps there is some good ground just over the border aswell, another reaso to get that licence!

tenzing
18-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Brendan

Cant help you with marks , but i do know that it doesnt run due east it runs on more of a ene direction from point danger. For this reason i always have a NSW fishing licence on me , i just update it every year when they send me the form.

Ian

Ps there is some good ground just over the border aswell, another reaso to get that licence!
I am sure you are right Ian, Must do it for sure.
In the meantime?

thelump
19-05-2009, 01:27 PM
You will know when you cross from QLD to NSW. You will start catching fish! Everything is much calmer and their footy players are far superior!;D ;D ;D ::)

Let em rip boys.

maztez
19-05-2009, 03:57 PM
You will know when you cross from QLD to NSW. You will start catching fish! Everything is much calmer and their footy players are far superior!;D ;D ;D ::)

Let em rip boys.

Is that why you mexicans are moving north of the border ...??;D;D;D

tenzing
19-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Let em rip boys.
I've been wondering if in summer the fish go off the bite an hour earlier.?
As for the footy, sit down, put your head down between your knees, and kiss your arse goodbye. You blokes are even less chance than last year.(and that was none)
Thanks for the reply
Brendan

Jabba_
19-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Sheez,, Glad you posted up this thread Brenden,,,, I totaly forgot about NSW's fishing licence's, I had one but it expired early this year... From the Southport Seaway I would troll down to Nine mile... I have done that heaps this year.... Oop's...

seastorm
19-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Brendan
If you are fishing the 36's east of Burleigh Heads you are close to the NSW border. I'll get out the C Map Planner and ping a line from point danger to the 50's and get a GPS mark for you

tenzing
19-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Brendan
If you are fishing the 36's east of Burleigh Heads you are close to the NSW border. I'll get out the C Map Planner and ping a line from point danger to the 50's and get a GPS mark for you
Cheers mate. I was on the 50s a bit south of the fish traps so I reckon i must have been close.
Brendan

seastorm
19-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Brendan if the fish traps are in the same place on the 50's I think you will find that you about 2km north of the border.

Andrew

tenzing
19-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Cheers Mate, Did you go that far Friday??

tenzing
19-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Brendan

Ian

No time like the present Ian. Now the proud owner of a 3 year licence- bought online.
Does that mean I have to start drinking warm beer and doing other stuff like that now?

Jabba_
20-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Good to know you can purchest your NSW fishing license online.. I just did a quick search and found the site... Cheer's

Of track a little, is the current still running at the 50's??

tenzing
20-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Good to know you can purchest your NSW fishing license online.. I just did a quick search and found the site... Cheer's

Of track a little, is the current still running at the 50's??
Mate it was almost nil on sat. maybe 1km / hr.