PDA

View Full Version : Caloundra 12 mile - Sun 17th

Fishbait
18-05-2009, 09:55 PM
What I thought to be a beautiful day - was a horrible sunday arvo offshore - sloppy conditions and increasing wind as the arvo got on. Anyway, thought that might be the case but this was my only window left to go fishin'.

So headed off with my younger brother Scott after 1pm and nailed 8 nice snapper and 1 moses perch some time later. All on the drift on every occassion, tried to anchor twice - to no avail?? All on pillies, on lead, on the bottom. Tried mullett and wouldn't touch the flesh strips! Anyway, nothing spectular I know compared to what you other folk catch but we got a quick feed before headin back to bribie on dusk late. Slow trip home punching into some sloppier conditions but worth the effort for us anyway.

2 quick photos of the phone camera, including a big ship on the way home. Cheers, Darren ;)

Schuey
19-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Nice one Darren. Was out the other day and found the exact opposite with the snaps. Loved the mullet but wouldnt take anything else, funny buggers. At least you got a few anyway.

Schuey

-spiro-
19-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Nice pan size fish you are holding there....

Always_offshore
19-05-2009, 10:52 AM
would have been a crappy trip home,we had the southerly kick in about 2.00pm and headed home about 3.00,still good to get out and looks like you got a nice feed.I love the squire that size,reckon theyre the best.

JayT
20-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Better luck next time Darren, shame you know cause fri-sat was absolutely beautiful an we were using livies on the bottom an they were getting smashed every drop, next time I will be spending as much time as possible collecting livies an solely fishing them to see what comes up, gee there was some big fish out there but all we had were 30pd baitrunners an we needed the heavier gear!
Glad to see you got a feed tho:)
Cheers Jay

skipalong
20-05-2009, 06:30 PM
nice fish for the 12 mile area

justin

jtpython
20-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Got to get out when ya can mate/ A feed is a feed

Did you leave the boat out in the rain today mate seems you got a flogging down there hope all is well for you
JT

Fishbait
20-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks folks - boat is now tucked under cover JT - thank goodness - the news said tonight we've had 428mm (17 inches) of rain here at Bribie. Stay safe out there folks, Seeya all again. Darren

Steve B
20-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Good day out by the sounds of it Dumpy. Well done mate.
hope you float safely to work tommorrow!!!

Steve