PDA

View Full Version : My New Borger Cat

insideout
18-05-2009, 06:11 PM
finally found what ive been after for a while now,bought it and brought it home!!Shes a 5.3 borger single engine powered by a 140 zuki 4 stroker, side console.
I found her at the sunshine coast while i was on holidays last week and picked it up today.
No sooner than i drove home 3 hrs later, i took it to the marina and went for a blast with the wife ,and it did not fail to impress, and handled todays .9mtr chop slop like only a cat can! Straight into it, and side on it tracks like a train, and soft riding. Having only one donk, she turns flat, even in tight turns. And there is so much room , it feels like i could fit my old 5.6bcrusher inside of it. Eventually it will have a centre console in it, but for now, look out snapper!!

Blackened
18-05-2009, 06:21 PM
G'day

Very nice rig, color is.... interesting but a nice rig!! Dare I ask ballpark $$ for something like this?

Dave

finding_time
18-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Looks great! Should fly with the 140, what's the weight do you know?

disorderly
18-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Interesting looking rig..plenty of space there...just dont get the open boat thing...I think they must breed you southerners tougher than me ..I hate open boats even up here ...hate getting wet and cold,particularly in winter...I'd take a wraparound windscreen any day..

Scott

insideout
18-05-2009, 06:30 PM
lol ...colour is very interesting, and takes awhile to get use to, but if i ever get in trouble, helecopters/ spotter planes will have no trouble finding me....lol

yes it does fly, today i egged it to 32 knots doing 4600rpm, but misses told me to wake up to myself... will do a proper test when its calm and no wife onboard... ahh weight is about 1.3 tonnes(from memory) and price, well i will have to keep u guessing..lol. Soon she will have some cover with a you beaut centre cab/console going on after winter.

Tim_N
18-05-2009, 06:47 PM
I like it. Very cool.
Tim

indy
18-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Pretty sure i saw you heading north up the highway this arvo we where coming back from rainbow beach at around 12.30 was that you???

GBC
18-05-2009, 06:55 PM
You gotta post it up in that thread where the nq boys were carrying on about cats:D:D

That's a BEAST.

finding_time
18-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Is that 1.3 on the trailer or 1.3 boat only? it would have to be on the trailer wouldn't it!

ian

joe 09
18-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice boat with plenty of room.

Catweb
18-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Congratulations, looks mighty mean. As the old Italian bloke I knew used to say about his missus, "not very good for pretty, but plenty good for strong"!!

insideout
18-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Pretty sure i saw you heading north up the highway this arvo we where coming back from rainbow beach at around 12.30 was that you???

yes that was me!

insideout
18-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Is that 1.3 on the trailer or 1.3 boat only? it would have to be on the trailer wouldn't it!

ian

yes i think u r right , its a aluminum trailer so it must be boat trailer weight. Will double check tomorrow..

Greg P
18-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Very nice. I have seen that boat working out of M/ba plenty of times. There was another purple one of the same config going round as well there for a while.

Grand_Marlin
18-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Very good Insideout.

At last you found what you wanted.

How does it go for dryness being open like that?

Cheers

Pete

insideout
18-05-2009, 10:11 PM
its good pete,but like all side consoles,sometimes u do get spray, but i found today if you give it alittle more speed and play with trim, you get a dry ride.

Midnight
18-05-2009, 10:52 PM
She looks good mate!

Have fun!

I'm gonna steal a quote here and say

"not very good for pretty, but plenty good for strong"!!

Thats what I say about my Bertram, and too bad to all the nay sayers! I'll back it in any weather!

Enjoy your new boat mate!

Cheers,
Myles

Lovey80
19-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Very nice little rig there mate. Still I can't imagine coming back from the KC to a tin cat. You'll have to borrow my camper so you can redesign the new camper trailer for the package ;)

You should have taken my offer of a straight swap ;)

Cheers

Chris

insideout
19-05-2009, 10:01 AM
you know i still kick myself that we didnt trade at the time>:( ;D , but fishing trends had changed for me, i bought the kc so me and my mates could go fishing togeather, and eventually they all got there own boats, couldnt afford fuel ect, it ended up being mostly myself + wife going out, and that got expensive real quick.
Then we had weather that kept everybody out of the water for months on end and i got tired of looking out the back door of the house at a $135,000 boat doing nothing , and re-assesed my fishing addiction.

I know she will never be a 2400 kc :-[ and i do miss it lots, on the other hand, i dont have big boat depreciation, big boat maintance and big boat fuel bills (and if bligh has anything to do with it, we will be paying dearly again soon for fuel >:( ) . So this boat ticked most boxes for my fishing needs , and being tin, i can customize.;)

Ps i still have not seen a camping/fishing combo as good as yours anywhere, i wouldnt trade it!!

Chamelion
19-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Thats what I'd call my perfect boat heh.. Mind if I ask what it set you back?

Cheers :)

Matt.

Smithy
19-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Greg,

there has been a couple of black ones getting around M'ba you might have seen. Rodney Marks one of the SCGFC guys has one.

Dean1
19-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Looks like she'll do the job just fine mate! Very practical! Id need a cab tho, im a bit of a sook when its raining and blowing :-[ Ive always owned half/cuddy cab boats but you could soon modify her like you said. Let us know how she treats you. Enjoy, Deano..

Lovey80
20-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Where can i get more info on the Borger cats, stuff like sizes, build (plate mm)/ configurations, rec engine sizes on each size boat etc?

Cheers

Chris

Blackened
20-05-2009, 06:34 AM
G'day

http://www.acecomp.com.au/nqborgercats/photos.htm

Dave