PDA

View Full Version : smashed em!!!!!

Always_offshore
18-05-2009, 11:34 AM
headed out late saturday to spot x, bit of wind from the west made it a bit uncomfortable, arrived at the spot,first drop saw some good pearlies come on board,after a couple of hours bagged out on pearlies(biggest was 52 cm with most being around the 45 cm ) dcided to try and chase some snapps.travelled another 30 mins to get to my old spots,didnt bag out but some nice pan size squire came on board as well as quite a few parrot,oops I mean tuskfish.We decided to move and had a couple of drops on the way home around hutchies,nailed a couple of cod,about 8kg and another couple of squire.made the decision to get home.It was a beutiful run home,the breeze we had earlier dropped away and made it back by 8.30.
No tragedies only some good fish and some great mates,lookin forward to the beers,bbq and the stories of the ones that didn,t get away.
I have attached photos of some of our fish,missing are the photos of the cod and some mixed reefies(did take them but theyre too dark to see)

Midnight
18-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Cupla feeds there mate!

Bet you had fun with the filleting knife! Sore back?

Cheers,
Myles

lethal098
18-05-2009, 01:55 PM
well done, were you around the cape or further north?? you must have been one of the only ones to get a good bag of fish. cheers Lee

Always_offshore
18-05-2009, 04:06 PM
hey lethal,yeh a bit further north and a fair bit wide.
and midnight yeh a bit tired but headed out on sunday for another bash at it.

skipalong
18-05-2009, 05:56 PM
a few there mate great feed

Fishbait
18-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Amazing catch! How was Sunday for you again. Bet you were back in by early arvo cause I was out at Cal 12 mile in the arvo and it was crap and getting worse! Well done on a great feed. Darren.

nickstock
18-05-2009, 10:45 PM
You sure smashed them alright!
There is no way that I would ever fillet that many pan sized fish. Filleting small fish does my head in.

Cheers,

Nick

Always_offshore
19-05-2009, 11:33 AM
fishbait,weather went to crap around 2.00 and headed home not long after.
nickstock,I don,t normally fillet as I freeze most with scales on,then when I want a feed just thaw and fillet /skin or just bake whole.Most of the fish were over 40 cm and some pearlies over 50cm,tuskies between 30 and 45cm(nice baked whole).We weren,t targeting trophy fish simply wanted to put some fillets in the freezer.

JayT
20-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Top haul indeed, well done:)
Thats what I want to get into this year....pearlies!!
Cheers Jay

Skusto
20-05-2009, 11:10 AM
hi great catch just wondering do you gut before you freeze with the scales left on
bevan

Benno1
20-05-2009, 12:53 PM
great haul!!!...how deep were you guys fishing???...was there much run???...thanks for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Always_offshore
20-05-2009, 02:46 PM
skusto,yeh mate just gut and gill,if you leave the scales on prevents them from drying out and I always skin em because the kids hate the skin left on.
Mrs benno,no run on saturday but the same spot on sunday had about 2.2 knots of run.
looks like I wont be getting out this week,might have to go crabbing.

brisryan
20-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Congratulations Always_offshore, great pics.

Ryan

Bazzawookooka
21-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Let me add my congrats too.

Without giving away any family secrets do you have any advice about fishing Hutchies.

I've only managed to get there once so far and whilst I didn't come home empty handed I know it was more a$$ than class - if you know what I mean.

Cheers again,

Steve

Always_offshore
22-05-2009, 09:05 AM
sorry just about every-one has their spots,just sound aruond and target nth,sth and east,if that fails just look for all the other boats.don,t forget to take some lures and have a troll around the trench.
remember it,s not all about how many fish you caught,its about how much fun you had gettin em.

Snap Dog
23-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Good feed of fish there mate,well done. all good signs for the winter ahead.

007legend
23-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Well done! Plenty of fish there.North of the Cape hey?

Always_offshore
23-05-2009, 08:39 PM
gotta admit its nice to see a few squire around,didnt see that many last year,and 007legend.cant wait to get right into winter ,I reckon this will be a really good season.