PDA

View Full Version : gold mono line

trueblue
18-05-2009, 08:12 AM
would Platypus lo stretch gold fluro mono line be ok for bottom bashing?

Was thinking of putting it on a charter special for the young fella from a 2 kilo bulk spool.

The bulk spool is for a set of trolling rods, and I'll have plenty left over.

Of course a clear mono or fluro carbon leader would be used, so personally I can't see any reason that the gold colour would make any difference and it would be easy for a kid to see where his line is.

cheers

Mick

Noelm
18-05-2009, 08:59 AM
if you are using some sort of trace, you can use any sort/colour of line you like.

nickstock
18-05-2009, 10:06 AM
I have just gone back to mono from braid on one of my bottom bashing and floater outfits Mick. I am sick of fish like Mackeral jerking and bucking the rod like a whore. The mono gives a bit more ease compared to braid. I still use braid for plastics, jigs and for some bottom work. If the fish are not timid biters then mono is not a problem.

I was going to use the Platypus but decided on the Sufix Ultra Supreme in 24kg. Bright yellow . I use a 2 meter wind on leader with braid for bottom bashing but have used fluro yellow straight to the hook for bottom bashing up here for trout with no real difference to using a plain clear leader. I am sure some fish may be wary of it though.

Nick