PDA

View Full Version : Reckie, Shake Down, .... M & G style.

Lucky_Phill
17-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Red Reckie turns out to be shake down for better times !

For work reasons I headed to Hervey Bay Friday morning 4.30am. Arrived to find people about and bad news on the doorstep. “ You won’t be able to work on the weekend “.

Just as well the boat is on the back !

Left the Bay at 7pm ish and headed to Agnes Water. Stopped at Appletree to get fuel for Nissan and boat…… bugger… no diesel. Made it to Bundy and all is good. Somehow we have everything except something to put on the bread as sangas… ! AH well, chips, apples and minties are OK by me.

Had some sleep and up at the crack to find boat ramp like queen street. Seems all of Agnes and half of Bundy was there. Smallest boat I saw was a 6mtr…!!!!

Set off only to find the wind was NOT as forecast and in fact was at least double. Stopped at the bait grounds and jigged enough Yakka and Pike for a good session, Punched our way 71k’s to first spot. Rig up with new style and plonk a mullet fillet down. Bang…. XOS Hussar. OK, not the exact colour we came looking for but hey !!!!

Saw a fellow Ausfisher or two out there, but they were not answering the radio. Even had a chat to NEWBY heading out of Gladstone on ‘ Carnelpya “.

We moved around marking spots and ended up heading ‘ easterly ‘ and found Trout, again red, but not the exact red we are after. Many just unders came to the boat. Over the next couple of hours we kept Hussar, Spangled, Parrot, Trout and had some encounters with a shark that would not leave us alone.

Other sights included a nice big brown coloured sea snake and a 3mtr Hammerhead cruising along side the boat. A couple of things went r-sup including the live bait pump stopping…again !!

A decision had to be made about heading into the lagoon and riding out the wind or making a bee-line for 1770. With the forecast on the VHF making our minds up. Heading back in we fished a few closer marks for little result. Then the sun went down and no moon up. Damn. I get to the bar on the last 2 hrs of the out tide and from previous experience know that the sth side has silted up and very shallow. My deckie grabs the flood light and finds the rocks….. as we are just about in the bar. Battery dies…shoot, he grabs dolphin torch, we see rocks…. Surf in on the front of white water, spot the green bouy and motor ever so slowly to the ramp. If anyone has done this bar / entrance of a night , you’ll know that it is NOT recommended. OK, if the flood light worked, yep, much much better. Round trip for boat was 175klms. So the VHF decides to shit itself as well….. anything else ?? .

Well, I did forget the parachute….. !!

Pulled into the Agnes servo for a feed and to the Tavern for a cleansing ale. Back to Hervey Bay we went. Arrived at midnight, slept in boat. Dawn saw us up, cleaning up and me heading off to Brisvegas. Just out of the Bay and I get a UHF call saying I am dragging something behind the boat. #######&%*$# light board. Now that it is chewed off….. stopped at Gympie for replacement. Find traffic leading into Brisbane , of course.

So to round out, Few nice Trout, bagged on other species and got busted big time on >>??????

AS stated, this was a reckie and I now have many new marks to go back to later this year. I also have a few things that need doing to the boat. I also need sleep.

No pics due to other issues best not going into. I will say that camera is still in Agnes Water……..::):-/

For those that go there, the Tavern has a new and much improved Drive Thru…. Will even allow you to keep the boat hooked up to the car. About 3.6mtrs clearance.

Cheers Phill

Spaniard_King
17-05-2009, 08:59 PM
a tough trip phill!!

what brand of bait pump are you runing?/ I gave up on the rules and went to the attwood tsunami's been in for 12 months no problems yet.. think I went through 3 rules in 9 months :P

vertico
17-05-2009, 09:50 PM
hey phill it glassed out that night we came back in at 9pm and bar was a no brainer but that 1st marker need a light or some reflective tape ? nearly smacked it in the fog.
sean

backlash08
18-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Thanks Phil, sounds like an adventure

how did you go up there sean?

Spot82
18-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm keen for an agnes or rainbow trip in the next month or so if anyone is keen???

Sounds like quite a trip but atleast you got a feed and weren't at work!!

Anthony

Lucky_Phill
18-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Garry,

I installed a Rule. I had Johnson in there before but went through 3 in 2 years. Go figure !!!!!

Sean,

Might have to take some reflective tape up with me next trip.... about July and plonk it on that Green Buoy.

backlash,

An adventure it was..... I'll be right for next rip. Always good to get away from Brisvegas.

Spot82,

As above, I'll be back around July some time, other than that, a good week at the AF M & G in September is always a hoot.

Phill

Lucky_Phill
18-05-2009, 08:46 PM
better post a pic from the mob phone at home.

Couple of red coloured things....
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/18052009001.jpg
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/P/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-35.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/P/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-36.jpg

danryan75
18-05-2009, 09:03 PM
phil your not painting the comm bank at torquay are ya?

Lucky_Phill
19-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes............................. ?

danryan75
20-05-2009, 04:10 PM
just wondering cos i work for KES doin the electrical there

vertico
20-05-2009, 05:08 PM
backlash - we bagged out on coral fin with 9 trout 3 maori 3 red throat moses and lots of parrot and hussar... there is a report on the other site.. ill try get one up here soon

backlash08
20-05-2009, 05:44 PM
sounds good sean, thanks

cheers - Craig

Lucky_Phill
20-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Don't know when I'll be back at Tourquay as rain has flooded roads, and I have my Hervey Bay crew doing most of the work there.

Might pop back up next week to finish off..... if the KES guys ever finish ::) :P ;D

Is Tony back from Hols yet ?

phill

ps. good work Sean. I think we'll have to do something about that Green Buoy ????

At the very least some reflective tape will help. 8-)