PDA

View Full Version : mid banks

lippa
16-05-2009, 01:06 PM
headed out last night
results none to spectacular

100's of rat red throat- couldn't get away from them
some big iodine bream
free jumping bill fish, what a sight!!!!! we seen 3 of these beauties.
ended up with a decent crab eater, that's about it

never had a hit on the float lines (oops 1 red throat! 15 cm!!!!!)
tried them at all different depths
still fun, good to get wet again my first trip out this year:-[ work, family,weather has kept me shore based. mooloolaba to banks and via murphies on the way home 60 litres! love me honda.

hope the other boats got a few more than us.

cheers

lippa

stinky-stabi
16-05-2009, 05:07 PM
i was out at the banks last night as well . 1 snapper and a under size pearlie and that was it for the 6hours of fishing ,,,couldnt even lose a bait......an 38ltrs fuel used .lolol...hope its better 2morrow morning will try close in

Seahorse
16-05-2009, 05:58 PM
hey lippa.
forget about all that other shit.
where are the mid banks?
what size boat?

greg

lippa
17-05-2009, 01:59 AM
i was out at the banks last night as well . 1 snapper and a under size pearlie and that was it for the 6hours of fishing ,,,couldnt even lose a bait......an 38ltrs fuel used .lolol...hope its better 2morrow morning will try close in

we never even seen an under size squire out there, tonnes of those rat red throats though, nov., last year they were all about 30cm, (were some 3-4kg ones amongst them) so they are growing, late this year early next, gunna be some tasty ones coming through!!!!!!

lippa
17-05-2009, 02:00 AM
greg

middle barwon banks, boats 6meters, give or take a couple (cm's)

lippa
17-05-2009, 02:12 AM
nice fuel results stinky
i average roughly 1.8- 2.0 k/l thats with 3 fat pricks, (100kgs+ each ) 270 litres fuel, plus way too many rods ands reels. and a shit skip!
what motor you run? (if its an etc, thank #### you got home!) j0kes fella's

backlash08
17-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Lippa,
I went mid banks, northern banks, east and west on Thursday, like you hundreds of rat RTE and large iodine bream, kept going deeper to get away from them and did end up with a mixed bag of reasonable tuskies, squire, bigger RTE and rosy job
cheers - Craig

Oh and as a matter of interests with the conditions the way they were I was on the trottle, have not fueled up but would have burnt 110lts or around 1lts per klm but spent a lot of time at >5200rpm

dazza
17-05-2009, 07:34 AM
with 3 fat pricks, (100kgs+ each ) 270 litres fuel, plus way too many rods ands reels. and a shit skip!
what motor you run? (if its an etc, thank #### you got home!) j0kes fella's

that is way too spookey:o:o:o
sounds exactly like my offshore adventures;D;D

bustastu
17-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Was thinking of heading out their yesterday arvo but took the chance and stopped at Murphy's. The Mrs and I bagged out on pearlies with a couple of sweetlip and moses perch to add. It was perfect last night and the wind never came up.

indy
18-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey lippa

There is some alright fish in close at the moment no good no's of snapps but plenty of sweety's and a few other odd's and ends dean's been doing alright only a couple k out also twelve mile is going pretty good.

lippa
18-05-2009, 05:43 PM
did todd buy a new boat? was talking to stuart the other day.

indy
18-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah he bought that 7.4m sportfish at northside nice boat he is taking it across to morteon this weekend for his maiden voyage goes well big bloody thing though he says he knows all about it being on the back when towing it.

Dean1
21-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Yeah he bought that 7.4m sportfish at northside nice boat he is taking it across to morteon this weekend for his maiden voyage goes well big bloody thing though he says he knows all about it being on the back when towing it. Hey mate has it got twin hondas on it??

Dean1
21-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Aaaaahhhhh bullshit about time you got that ornament outa the shed!!!

You picked the weather well, unlike myself.

I think were all overdue for a cracker of a trip, need a hot session badly! Keep that honda on the warmers coz things should start firing soon hopefully!!

lippa
22-05-2009, 07:54 AM
5 meters and 30+ knots this w/end deano
you'd be heading to the hards in your bullet proof kc wouldn't ya?????????

finding_time
22-05-2009, 08:15 AM
Lippa,
I went mid banks, northern banks, east and west on Thursday, like you hundreds of rat RTE and large iodine bream, kept going deeper to get away from them and did end up with a mixed bag of reasonable tuskies, squire, bigger RTE and rosy job
cheers - Craig

Oh and as a matter of interests with the conditions the way they were I was on the trottle, have not fueled up but would have burnt 110lts or around 1lts per klm but spent a lot of time at >5200rpm

Craig

i thought that was you at the ramp last thursday night, i was going to come across afetr i had the boat packed up, but you left by then.

Lippa

Go deeper, get out the other side;) And as far as to many rods go , i reckon we took the cake, 2 fisho's and 16 rods:o :o :o :o :o :o

Ian

Dean1
22-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Craig

i thought that was you at the ramp last thursday night, i was going to come across afetr i had the boat packed up, but you left by then.

Lippa

Go deeper, get out the other side;) And as far as to many rods go , i reckon we took the cake, 2 fisho's and 16 rods:o :o :o :o :o :o

Ian 16 rods 2 blokes!! :o Now thats style Ian! ;D