PDA

View Full Version : Ally Craft 4.45 Shadow Pro vs Sea Jay 4.65 Discovery Sports

DigitalSI
16-05-2009, 10:48 AM
The treasurer has given the go ahead on a new boat. We will be fishing the broadwater and nearby river systems mostly and local inpoundments now and then. The two boats I like which fit our budget of $25k are the

Ally Craft 4.45 Shadow Pro (http://www.allycraft.com.au/4.45-Shadow-Pro.html)

Sea Jay V-Nose Nomad Discovery Sports 4.65 (http://www.seajayboats.com.au/disc_sports.html)

Any feedback or comments will help in making the final decission.

Thanks in advance.

colo
16-05-2009, 11:51 AM
If it was me I would be going for the Sea Jay its a bigger boat for one and I just think there a great well built boat and they seem to really hold there value, just have a look at ones for sale second hand. I own a Sea Jay 4.55 Territory my self and is a excellent boat, and I have a few mates with Sea jays and they all love em.

tin can marlin
17-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Go the sea jay very nicely finshed boat.

BARRA73
17-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Between this 2 I would go for the allycraft hands down. Have you considered boats like bluefin or seascape as well. Both those brands are similar prices and much solider than the 2 choices.

Cheers.

kneebone
17-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Evev look at the Makocraft, nice boats

bennyboy
18-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Between this 2 I would go for the allycraft hands down. Have you considered boats like bluefin or seascape as well. Both those brands are similar prices and much solider than the 2 choices.

Cheers.

Barra why would you say the bluefin and seascape are "much solider"

DigitalSI
18-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Evev look at the Makocraft, nice boats

Yes I have looked at the Makocraft Frenzy 440, I think it is a great looking boat. There weren't any real useable photos on the Makocraft website so last week I used their online contact enquiry page to request photos but to date have not received them.

If anyone reading this has a Makocraft Frenzy 440 or 470 could you please email photos to iphone@digitalsi.com.au

DigitalSI
18-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I have looked at both boats now as until today I had only seen them both on the internet. I have to say the Ally Craft Shadow Pro seems to be a better buy. There are better storage compartments in the Shadow Pro and the live bait tank is much larger and could even double as a kill tank being 1mtr+ in length. There is a rod compartment which the Sea Jay did not have, the Sea Jay didn't even have anything to hold the rods other than the 2 standard rod holders. Shadow pro comes with 4 rod holders as standard. The seats on the Ally Craft seemed to be more stable, I think mainly the pole design is better. I can get a beautiful carbon sports console with sports steering wheel upgrade also. The bimini cover seems stronger and comes with a bimini sock which looks better. As for build quality, looks identical to me, all extra welds seem to be in the same places and the sides on the Ally Craft are 0.5mm thicker (bonus). Best of all is its $1000 cheaper even with the carbon sports console upgrade and colour fish finder thrown in. All round the Ally Craft looks more modern and pleasing to the eye and the fact that it is going to me more functional has won me over. All I have to do now is sell my Kawasaki STX-15F Jetski 2008 with 78hrs on it to use as a deposit. If anyone wants to take it off my hands please PM me.

BARRA73
18-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Barra why would you say the bluefin and seascape are "much solider"

Bennyboy, Just that I spent a bit of time looking at the seajay range when I was choosing a boat and when I looked at the bluefin and seascape I think the bluefin had 3mm allround and the seascape was the same. I believe the seascape is now 4mm allround. I've spent a bit of time at boilermaking workshops and I believe they both possessed excellent welds and finish to the seajay. Just my opinion. And as I said earlier I would still pick the allycraft out of the 2.

Cheers.