PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Mixed Bag and a Red Fish on a Nuke Chook!

seapup
15-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Weather looked great yesterday so I took Timmy and Jimmy for a run wide of our home at Noosa. :) We looked for some Macs on the way but didnt find any so went after some reefies. Pulled up on a wreck and caught a heap of Tailor for bait and plagues of undersize Reds. Headed further wide and found a good show so doubled back on it and pulled a mixed bag of reefies late arvo. Caught my first Red Fish on this show on a plastic which was fun! :) Tim caught a solid Moses on this spot as well. Fish went quiet after we pulled a few so we went to another patch of reef and found a good show not far from it and pulled some more reefies. Sun went down by this time so we cruised home sucking on Bundy Cans! ;D Great day to be on the water!

Lacey Blue Dog
15-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Benny it would have been good to be out there on the water the weather looks just like today perfect.. Good to see you did manage a feed of nice reef fish for dinner. I didn't see any pearlies for Nat but i reckon those moses perch would taste as good.
See you in the water next week.
The wilderness camp had a fun 3 foot right hander surfed from 9 till 12 3 of us out..
Lacey

seapup
15-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Had to throw in a pic of the conditions as they were pretty epic. ;)

ffejsmada
15-05-2009, 12:15 PM
eVery nice haul there Benny, well done mate.

That photo has a lovely pinkish reddy hue to it doesn't it??

Cheers Jeff.

seapup
15-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Lace,
The beachys looked sic as we were heading off fishing! I almost turned around to go surfing but the fishing bug got the better of me! I could see Tim wanting to jump overboard to grab his board!

Benny it would have been good to be out there on the water the weather looks just like today perfect.. Good to see you did manage a feed of nice reef fish for dinner. I didn't see any pearlies for Nat but i reckon those moses perch would taste as good.
See you in the water next week.
The wilderness camp had a fun 3 foot right hander surfed from 9 till 12 3 of us out..
Lacey

seapup
15-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jeffrey. Ya that arvo sun brought out that pinky red colour alright!

eVery nice haul there Benny, well done mate.

That photo has a lovely pinkish reddy hue to it doesn't it??

Cheers Jeff.

Alchemy
15-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Seapup, keep persisting with the sp. The nannygai up here love them at times, including the Gulps and Snapbacks, plus others. We've caught plenty of good nannygai on them.

Regards,
Dave.

Fixation
15-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey Ben,

Good haul mate. The conditions look magic. Wish I was out there today. Thanks for the read.

Regards,
Craig.

seapup
15-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Will do Dave thanks for the info! It hit the plastic pretty hard which was great fun on light gear!
Benny.

Seapup, keep persisting with the sp. The nannygai up here love them at times, including the Gulps and Snapbacks, plus others. We've caught plenty of good nannygai on them.

Regards,
Dave.

seapup
15-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Hook the trailer up and head to the ramp then Craig! Stuff work when the conditions are as good as this!
Benny.

Hey Ben,

Good haul mate. The conditions look magic. Wish I was out there today. Thanks for the read.

Regards,
Craig.

shaun_s
15-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice bag of fish benny. waves where ok but nothing special so u didnt miss out. might take the tinny out to sunshine tomoro hopefully find some snapps.

Nic
15-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Well done on the SPs, it's more fun than bait fishing isn't it! Makes me feel all nostalgic looking at those pearl peach, haven't tasted one in years...

seapup
15-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Dont forget to take the plastics out to Sunshine Shaun! Good luck!

Nice bag of fish benny. waves where ok but nothing special so u didnt miss out. might take the tinny out to sunshine tomoro hopefully find some snapps.

bballfisho
15-05-2009, 02:58 PM
mate, nice looking red fish fish there.
i'm hitting sunshine tomorrow arvo so hopefully get onto some fish...

hows the bar looking? have u heard of much being cause in close in the way of reefies or macs?

Might cya out there shaun_s, will be in a 435 seajay tinny with three blokes

cheers , connor

seapup
15-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Hay Connor,
Bar is sweet as there is bugger all swell at the moment. You should nail a few Knobbies and Lippers at Sunshine late arvo I reckon. Good luck!
Benny.

mate, nice looking red fish fish there.
i'm hitting sunshine tomorrow arvo so hopefully get onto some fish...

hows the bar looking? have u heard of much being cause in close in the way of reefies or macs?

Might cya out there shaun_s, will be in a 435 seajay tinny with three blokes

cheers , connor

adam69
15-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Thats a corker moses mate! Nice scarlet aswel.

Benno1
15-05-2009, 05:53 PM
great looking mixed bag Benny!!!...good on you for giving the SP's a go...ive still got ones in their unopened bags...youve inspired me mate...ill give a few a go tomorrow out at Fitzroy...cant hurt!!!...even if i get 1/2 the fish you did...ill be a happy camper :D...well decent moses perch...i bet it gave you a good fight!!!
thanks for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

skipalong
15-05-2009, 06:09 PM
nicefeed of fish benny the conditions have been awesome the past week for the wide trips

cheers justin

-spiro-
15-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Good on ya Ben sweet catch as all ways..

tiges
15-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Cheers for taking me out Benny. Shame there wasn't much size to the fish. But the constant action, and an absolute pearler of a day made up for it. Was fun getting a few squire and pearlies on the plastics too.

If only those reds and pearlies were legal size, we woulda had an enormous bag. I'm just about to cook up that mosey for tea tonight.

10-15 SW/SE forecast for sunday, could be worth a quick placcy sesh in close;) .

indy
15-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Good going there ben nice feed there we did a short trip yesterday arvo for the sundown ended up with ten fish between the two of us no snapper but

cheers pete...

death_ship
15-05-2009, 09:17 PM
nice going ben, did better than me for sure, and to top it off boulders was doing it but i didnt throw throw the board in
Brett

reel scream
15-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Nice fish Benny. Gota love the Moses.

Cheers
Scott

ps Whats your boats name?

seapup
16-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the comments Guys.
Scott and Pete will send you both a pm.
Tim cant wait for Cal Reef barrels!