PDA

View Full Version : Coupla Cobes

JayT
15-05-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey,
Knocked off work tues night at 11pm an grabbed a mate and headed to mooloolaba for a run up the coast;)
Not much happening till daylight hrs with only a coupla snaps, a nice little cod an a 50 maori...yay a keeper, forever catchin rat maori cod...little hole dwellers!!!
Anyways, had a great trip but put in some hrs with no sleep but did manage a couple including a 3 rod hookup with 5 rods out, tangle hear an there an all fish coming onboard so happy days!
Mates cobe was a corker an the big girl nearly broke my wrist when I slipped the gaff in, but I did manage to drag her onboard after a slight struggle, wouldnt live it down after losing a similiar fish of my brothers a few years back....sorry bro! oh an the weather was perfect:P
Cheers Jay

JayT
15-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh an we did have a visit from a couple of fisheries guys who could have nabbed us for not nipping the pecs off the cod an maori, informing us of the 500buck per fish fine, so I shall be studing the little reg book again I think....
Anyways nice blokes an it was good to see them outside for a change....kind of:)

wombie
15-05-2009, 07:37 AM
good cobe Jay well done .

cheers Paul

Schuey
15-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Nice cobes there Jay. That one out the back is a ripper. Did you weigh him ?

Pistol_P
15-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Nice cobes Jay..!

Pete

Te Whiti
15-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Plenty of meat on that Cobe Jay...You would have had your work cut out trying to fit him in your esky!

geeb
15-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Nice Cobia - would have fought like my mother in law - she hates being gaffed - interesting thing with the cutting of the pecs - I know it needs to be done but it was hard when I looked recently to find anything about this requirement when visiting the relevant government sites - sure it must be there but did not jump out at me like a fisheries inspector........I think an infrequent out wide fisher could easily come unstuck....cheers......Geeb

skipalong
15-05-2009, 06:02 PM
top cobes jay

justin

Fishbait
15-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Thats an awesome Cobia - congrats on a great fish! How far out you fishin from Mooloolaba? Darren

indy
15-05-2009, 07:31 PM
you look tired in that photo i no that feeling, any fish besides snapper and pearlies i pectrol fin now not worth the chance especially at that price ouch

reel scream
15-05-2009, 09:25 PM
, any fish besides snapper and pearlies i pectrol fin now not worth the chance especially at that price ouch

I now just snip anything that comes into the box. Takes bugger all. Snip , bleed, box. Mainly because i am not 100% on what has to , and what doesn't need to be cut.

A nice cobe....18kg? The other 2

Cheers
Scott

reel scream
15-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Just had a second look Jay......22kg??

Cobia Kid
17-05-2009, 02:03 PM
bloody great fish!!!
yeah im curious to no how much she went!!??
my guess 25kg

BigE
18-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice cobe big fella !! Lucky she didnt pull one of those baitrunners over the side. lol How did rocket go ? need to catch up and have a fish old mate.

Cheers
BigE

JayT
18-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Cheers guys,
Was actually mates fish (rocket) an I reckon every part of 20-25kg, she was a real effort getting her in,
Fished out from noosa actually an although I never have run from mooloolaba up that far it was awesome in those conditions:) being a top run both ways...if I can rest a beer on the gunnel at 20knots its good weather haha
Yeah I am definently with you guys...all fish except snaps will be snipped from now on, I do try to play by the rules an think its a good thing but alot of YOUR attitude plays a big part in whether you cop a fine or not so happy days this time an from now on nothing will be left to chance;)
Big E called ya the other day mate?? love to catch up for sure:) Rocket went great guns an the cobe proves it...I caught the other 2 at the same time so it was pretty hectic there for a bit haha
Anyways cheers Jay

BigE
18-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Three going off at once would have bought cheers all round.... happy days. did ya try any knots getting them to the boat? ask rocket about gaf games he did his best to de-hook me once but all was forgiven when she laid on the ice.

BigE