PDA

View Full Version : Battery setup for Minn Kota

whatscracken
14-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Just wanting to know how people have their electric setup in the way of battery/s. I was wondering if I would get away with running a single 120amp battery that would run a 620, GPS, all the lights, bilge pump and the electric? I am looking at the bow mount 54lb thrust model. How much charge do they use on a regular trip?

Any info or advice would be great on how you have yours setup. I have done a search as well and found some good setups but always keen to see more.

Thanks Chris

Mike Delisser
14-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I've had interferance problems before when I've run a sounder & electric motor off the same battery so I run the electric off a stand alone and everything else off the starting.
With a 55lb I'll easily flatten a 130 Troj in a day & 1/2 if it's quite windy but it all depends how you like to fish. I prefer to hold above the school so I guess that would drain the battery quicker in the wind.
Cheers
Mike

Blackened
14-05-2009, 08:30 PM
G'day

You may be ok, depends on how throttle happy you are on the electric. Are your lights LED?

Dave

Bear001
14-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I get about 6-8hrs out of my 130amp with 55lb on a 4m boat.
General rule of thumb (mainly due to interference) as Mike said, keep electrics etc off cranking battery and leave deep cycle for electric.

whatscracken
16-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Yeah the lights are LED, but it sounds like a good idea to keep them seperate so I don't leave all my eggs in the one basket.