PDA

View Full Version : Deep Tempest 13/05/09

Duckfish
14-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Went out to Deep Tempest yesterday. Left Manly at about 6am. Good conditions and the Bar ok. Arrived with light SW winds and first drop 3 squires. I thought that it was going to be a quick fishing trip but the fish shut down. We spent all morning catching rat squire and heaps of big sharks. One we brought up was about 4 to 5 feet long. We headed back in about 2.30pm and with 3 POB we caught 8 squires, 1 pearly and 3 Pigfish. No pics cause we had nothing to show for it.

Duckfish

Benno1
14-05-2009, 11:07 AM
had some fun with the tax men...caught a feed...good company...sounds like a good trip to me :P...what bait were you using???...cheers for the report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Duckfish
14-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Mrs Benno
We were using pilchards all day although one of the crew was using a patternosta with a small plastic squidy on a hook. He did have pretty good results until the fish ate his plastic in half. Must try it out one day.

Duckfish

Gill
14-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Duckfish

hoping you could give me some info on the water temp and current

Thanks Gill

rakinray
14-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Duckfish how was the current ? Probably heading that way on sunday if the weather holds. Did you go to the bait grounds ? Any bait ?

CHEERS RAY.

Duckfish
14-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi Gill
The current was North to South and quite workable
Hi Rakinray
Didn't go to the baitgrounds and water temp probably around 24c
A mate of mine also went yesterday for little fish and heaps of SHarks

therapy
14-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Gedday Don,
So the quest for the deep tempest snapps has begun!! Good on you for getting out and don't forget to let me know when you are planning your next one and I'll tag along in my boat and see how we go. I might be going tomorrow but have to see how I pull up after work tonight.

Cheers.......Terry................

Duckfish
14-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi Terry
It was a on the spur of a moment decision to go. Next time on a weekend I'll let you know.

Don