PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha 30 Cv Problem

jethro279
13-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey there guys
took my tinnie out yesterday for a well earned fish the outboard on the back is a yamaha 30 cv 2 stroke. I dropped the boat in and lowerded the engine in to the water primed the fuel through gave it some choke and started pulling away on the pull cord after 2 or 3 pulls the engine kicked over so i turned off the choke and hit it again and she started only to stall a few seconds later there was an oily film running from the motor and every time i got it going it would give in a few seconds later incresing the oily film running from the back when the motor stalled it was making like a whistling noise as if something to do with compression. i eventually got it running but it took me around hallf an hour and was cautious to then go as far as i was going too. Does this problem seem obvious to anyone,i would appreciate any help. THANKS JETHRO

Roughasguts
13-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Have you got fresh fuel and oil?

Maybe clean the spark plugs or replace! then give the motor a good thrashing, not with a stick! but flat out for a few minutes to heat the crank case up and move the excess oil.

Noelm
13-05-2009, 11:16 AM
first off, it may have just been flooded, had old fuel or a few other small things, replace the fuel and Oil mix, check plugs , might as well replace them for what they are worth, then take it for another spin and see how she runs, do not start pulling things to bits yet!

rhycebullimore
13-05-2009, 05:33 PM
single carb probably just flooded it, when you get it going that first time give it some revs then a small burn and open it up