PDA

View Full Version : easy boat retrieval set up

therapy
12-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Gedday Ausfishers,
I recently had the need to anchor my boat overnight and wanted to be able to access it at any tide and without getting my feet too wet (due to the presence of a large croc!!:o) and after doing a search on here and applying some of my diminishing brain power:P, come up with this set up which was easy to make, cheap but most of all effective. At first, the anchor rope passed through the s/steel ring at the top of the float but this was prone to twisting and grabbing. The addition of a pully made all the difference.
Basically, we attached this set up to the end of the anchor chain via the s/steel clip, which was dropped in water deep enough to keep the boat floating at any tide, tied a rope off to the bollard on the nose, fed this rope through the pully and paid this out as I reversed the boat into shore. Once we were unpacked, it was a simple matter of pulling the bow rope and hence the boat back into deeper water while paying out a rope tied to the stern. When the boat reached the right spot, tie off both ropes and there it sat happily until required.
when retrieving, reverse the process, pulling the stern rope and paying out the bow rope until the boat is back at the beach!;D Happy days!!
I hope this explains it ok and if anyone wants to have a closer look pm me. I'm on the n'side of brissy. It's not often I have a good idea so thought I better share this one.;D

Cheers......Terry..........

tropicrows
12-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Terry, I think I have the gist of what you are saying. Do you want to post up a sketch of the layout just so it's clear in my mind exactly what rope is attached to what.

therapy
12-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah mate,
I will do that as soon as my limited computer skills allow!!

Cheers......Terry...........

jtpython
12-05-2009, 06:09 PM
That is a great idea ...... People i know done something similiar at a fishing hut to have access like yourself Thanks for sharing pics
JT