PDA

View Full Version : Fisher, Sea Storm and Sea Jay plate Boat prices.

colo
11-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi, Been kicking the idea around of buying a plate boat to do some fishin out wide and was wondering if any one had any idea on ruff prices of of them been looking at the 6.8m fisher , 6.8 Sea storm and also the new 6.8 Sea Jay, I'm after a Center console, just some ruff ideas to see if I'm just dreaming or not. I would buy new if I was t go ahead with it.

Redhunter
11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi colo give mick sanderson a call at fisher boats australia
on 0429043900

DAVE_S
11-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Check this one out .

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=166

DR
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Give Phil at Viper a call, here is an example of what he can do..http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...=131217&page=6 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=131217&page=6)
While this is a bit bigger than what you want, Phil makes them a lot smaller & pretty sure he will make any configuration you want.
I am sure Brejen will give you the contact number.

sleepygreg
12-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Give Ben at Noble Boats a call on 3283 7061, great hulls and very well finished. I know he recommends E-Tecs, but dont hold that against him, he can get any brand.

Greg

Marlin_Mike
12-05-2009, 05:11 AM
John Crawford Marine has a few nice second hand boats at the moment, worth a look.

Mike

megafish71
12-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Just price matching plate ally boats is noway to compare the boats, each one of the boats you mention is very different, and will all have very different costs. I think you should have a good look around at alot more plate boats and look at each boat on its own merrits, and then see if the price offeres value for money. I would reccommend that you add AMM, Seaprowler, Bluewater and Riptide to your list of possibles. Best advise is to look at everything twice and don't make any rash decesions.

Ron

nickstock
12-05-2009, 07:47 AM
Hi, Been kicking the idea around of buying a plate boat to do some fishin out wide and was wondering if any one had any idea on ruff prices of of them been looking at the 6.8m fisher , 6.8 Sea storm and also the new 6.8 Sea Jay, I'm after a Center console, just some ruff ideas to see if I'm just dreaming or not. I would buy new if I was t go ahead with it.

Hi mate,

In regards to costing, I was quoted 53K for the new 5.3 Sea Jay platey. Pretty steep for a factory produced boat with bugger all options.

I have also recieved quotes from AMM, Bluewater, Fisher, Downunder (and many others) and I can not find a new 5.2 package for under 45 K.

A new 6.8 platey would be very very exy.

Have you considered looking second hand?

There are a few nice plateys in that size advertised on here including a awesome Bluewater center console in 6.7 .

Hope this helps.
Nick

timddo
12-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Mate,

i brought a Tabs ocean series 5.45 half cab for $36,000 about 18 months ago

business class
12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi mate,

In regards to costing, I was quoted 53K for the new 5.3 Sea Jay platey. Pretty steep for a factory produced boat with bugger all options.

I have also recieved quotes from AMM, Bluewater, Fisher, Downunder (and many others) and I can not find a new 5.2 package for under 45 K.

A new 6.8 platey would be very very exy.

Have you considered looking second hand?

There are a few nice plateys in that size advertised on here including a awesome Bluewater center console in 6.7 .

Hope this helps.
Nick

What 5.2 are you chasing nick? centre console, cabin what extras and what engine was on it as i thought you would get a boat for that sort of money????

business class
12-05-2009, 10:57 AM
Give Ben at Noble Boats a call on 3283 7061, great hulls and very well finished. I know he recommends E-Tecs, but dont hold that against him, he can get any brand.

Greg

Are Noble boats now made in China or was that just another rumour?

bennyboy
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
The new Sea Jay 6.8 Preda King is around the $80k mark depending on options.
The protype is currently being tested by Yamaha and a variety of magazines and is recieving excellent reviews.

nickstock
12-05-2009, 04:19 PM
What 5.2 are you chasing nick? centre console, cabin what extras and what engine was on it as i thought you would get a boat for that sort of money????

Hi mate,

I have been quoted on a few Cuddy cabin, center cab and center consoles even a little 4.8 hard top.

In regards to inclusions that I was priced, plain white hull, kill tank , live well, 115 4 stroke yammy or etec, new single axel trailer. It seems that custom plateys are a bit dearer then I first thought.

In regards to pricing, Fisher seem to be coming to the party but I am yet to get a written quote.

One boat that did come in pretty well priced was the 5.2 center cab Offshore Master Marine. 90 optimax, nice painted hull with graphics, kill tank, bait board, big underfloor fuel tank ect for $42 000. I have not seen one in the flesh though and can not find any reports on them. For what it is worth , they did make it into Jeff Webster's top 50 sportfishing boats.

Nick

LoungeLizard
12-05-2009, 05:52 PM

It all depends on (a) the quality of boat and motor you want and (b) what extra goodies you want. My guess would be $70K on the lower end and $100k if you want top shelf.

BTW, second hand is a MUCH better option. I know it's nice to have a brand spanker but if you've ever owned a boat you'll know it takes a long time and a lot of cash to set up a boat properly

dodgyone
12-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Did a couple of trips out of a 6.8 Downunder recently and rate them as being right up there on the quality/ ride front.

Looked at a new Noble and it was chinese built. Quality was very short of the Aussie built rigs I have seen.

siegfried
12-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Hi mate,

I have been quoted on a few Cuddy cabin, center cab and center consoles even a little 4.8 hard top.

In regards to inclusions that I was priced, plain white hull, kill tank , live well, 115 4 stroke yammy or etec, new single axel trailer. It seems that custom plateys are a bit dearer then I first thought.

In regards to pricing, Fisher seem to be coming to the party but I am yet to get a written quote.

One boat that did come in pretty well priced was the 5.2 center cab Offshore Master Marine. 90 optimax, nice painted hull with graphics, kill tank, bait board, big underfloor fuel tank ect for $42 000. I have not seen one in the flesh though and can not find any reports on them. For what it is worth , they did make it into Jeff Webster's top 50 sportfishing boats.

Nick
Getting into Websters top 50, FMD , :o look for a good second hand glass rig mate then it wont hurt so much when you sit down. The price or some of these aus built plateys almost beggars belief, test drive afew of the ones youve mentioned without a kidney belt in anything but ideal conditions and youll see what I mean. Ya can tell the blokes that have been outside in the rough all day, ther standing round the bar hunched up like a greyhonnd r##ting a grape

nickstock
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I have a glass boat at the moment and the ride is very soft for a 5.1 meter boat.

I have put a few small chips in it since moving up to Cooktown trying to load it by myself against the tide (dickwad of a ramp when the tide is racing out).

My idea behind plate was save on maintenance but I think the budget will be pushing it for a new platey.

Nick

tin can marlin
12-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Maybe you should have a look at the blue water plate boats they seem to do a nice rig.

dean grieve
13-05-2009, 09:36 AM
try amm .the real AMM. a6.8 c/c is a monster of a boat MATT from AMM will look after you

Izzey!
13-05-2009, 06:25 PM
have alook at morris marine.my 4.45 cost around 34k 90 suzi,bait tank,kill tank,130lt fuel,but no self draining deck. www.morrismarine.com.au/

SgBFish
13-05-2009, 07:44 PM
ther standing round the bar hunched up like a greyhonnd r##ting a grape

I just pissed my pants laughing.;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SgBFish
13-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Why lock yourself into plate when there is this sort of stuff on the market,

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=3048741

Marlin_Mike
13-05-2009, 07:59 PM
John Crawford has a really sweet AMM in his yard at the moment
Mike

DOGFIGHT
15-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Check out Daz's (Wahoo ) Bluewater for sale on this forum, i fish off this most trips, great boat for the $$$'s

marlin01
17-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I get to fish in both fisher and noble boats around 6.4m and would say the Fisher has the edge in ride and is streets ahead in quality and flexibility of fit out.
Pretty exxy but like most things, you get what you pay for.
Marlin