PDA

View Full Version : No water from Tell Tail.

stevelcqld
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey

Well after broken ribs and broken car.. finally went to hit the water 2 weeks ago... Battery Flat, charged it up, but lost it's charge... so new battery thru last week..

This weekend put in the battery, put the ear muffs on... started up... but no water from tell tail gggrrrr :-[.. Read online that muffs may not be enough water so went and got a drum... Sunday, filled it up... started her up.... waited.. still no water and alarm goes off, turn her off... gggrrrrr:'(:'(:'(:'(

Dropped off rig to mechanic... Called this morning... rather nervous ... then tells me... wasps made a nest in the water intake... once flushed all ok... and no charge.

At least a happy ending.

Steve

disorderly
11-05-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes a very happy ending...its a very common problem...a length of stiff wire is all thats necessary..

Spaniard_King
11-05-2009, 07:14 PM
See .. ya can now tell the Missus that its caused by lack of use and the mechanic said you must use every second weekend to remedy the problem.

TimiBoy
11-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't use wire - it can damage the hose. A doubled over piece of 100lb mono is good.

I also sucked it out once. Mouth full (felt like) of dried mud followed with warm water. Yuk!

Cheers,

Tim

SunnyCoastMark
11-05-2009, 07:54 PM
I didn't use wire - it can damage the hose. A doubled over piece of 100lb mono is good.

I also sucked it out once. Mouth full (felt like) of dried mud followed with warm water. Yuk!

Cheers,

Tim

;D ;D ;D What a crack up!!! Note to self :- If I ever need my tell tale sucked - DON'T call TimiBoy:P

Mark

Stuart
11-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Timboy, I hope you dont swallow that warm stuff mate.:P

Stu

Bazzawookooka
11-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Steve,

I've used a length of whipper-snipper line to good effect, but only while the motor's running.

I figure that if I dislodge something while it's running there's a good chance it will come out instead of being lodged somewhere even harder to get at.

Hope this helps,

Steve

White Pointer
11-05-2009, 10:38 PM
;D ;D ;D What a crack up!!! Note to self :- If I ever need my tell tale sucked - DON'T call TimiBoy:P

Mark

G'day,

NO!! Don't do it yourself. Call TimiBoy!

White Pointer