PDA

View Full Version : Loads more Bass

BLOOEY
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Kicked off early this morn for a spot of bassing.Keen as from the last trip we got there at dawn and started the long slog through the bush,swamp ,lantana. Had to stop at 1 point to suck in a few big ones and allow the pulse to slow(gotta give up the coffin nails).
Upon arrival found thick fog and the fish not exactly keen:-/ . A switch to a zippin ziggy soon found a couple and once the fog cleared it was on for young and old. Bibbless minnows , plastics, hardbodys, and spinnerbaits all caught fish but by far the standout lure was......... wait for it...........................a 15grm ancient wonder wobler. At one stage i managed to foul hook a gar on a bibbless and piffed it straight back out ,30 secconds later at was inhaled by a 45. Biggest caught was 52 and the smallest about 40.

The long trudge back wasn't unevent ful either as i fell down quite a steep bank and sliced my leg up pretty majorly.and on arrival back at the car found we had 2 flat tyres, yes 2flats.Swapped the front with the rear as it still had some air left and put the spare on the front and servo hopped back home.Oh well we still had a ball and caught 40-50 each;D ;D . Ben

shrunken pojie
10-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Well done Ben. When are you going to start running guided tours there?

Phill

Little grey men
10-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Whoa !!! nice little spot you've got there mate. It's always good when the bass feel like smacking anything thrown their way.
Nicely done.

BLOOEY
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Ta Phill.I think public liability insurance could be a factor in that not coming to fruition. Been there twice and it takes me a while to recover fully.

LGM. Still yet to nail the big ones. Got absolutely smoked today on 10lb braid and 2meters of 20lb hard leader:o .Thought i had it beat near the bank and gave it it's head for about 2 secs. GONE.:'( BIIIIIG FISH. Ben

Fitzy
10-05-2009, 10:38 PM
That's a great session there. Looking good for autumn condition - they should pack on a few hundred more grams come mid winter. ;D

Cheers,

fitzy..