PDA

View Full Version : How much for this package

bugman
10-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Gents,

As the title states - given the current climate - what cash sale would pick up this rig at the moment.

http://jcm.boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=7088984

And no it's not for me but a close relly in Tassie who is finding open boats over 5m hard to come by.

Brett

tin can marlin
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
15k maybe have a look at info on telwater products on ausfish before you do anything as the member base overall is not impressed with this product.

Roughasguts
10-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Not much of a boat for that sort of money.
There dreaming!

FNQCairns
10-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Yeah dreaming, 10.5 to 12. If everything worked well.

cheers fnq

dfox
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
G-day brett, with any of these setup's i always break down the values of the boats. That is, hull, motor and trailer. Other gear like electronic's and saftey gear i leave out of the equation to begin with.
I bought two tinnies in early 2004, both marginally smaller then this boat but it maybe a guide to help you.
The hulls are 4.75 seajays cost 3 grand each, one boat we fitted with a 50 2 stroke the other a 60 4 stroke. the two stroke boat used a new trailer the 4 stroke a second hand trailer. Both boats are fitted with furuno sounders and garmin gps, radio's etc, both have bimini tops, bilge pumps, lockers up front and all the normal add ons.
I never fell into the trap of buying a package, but shopped around getting the best deals on all items and fitting them properly myself.
Total cost was just on 10 grand for the 2 stroke boat and 11grand for the 4 stroke. Everything was brand new bar the one trailer. Hope this is a bit of a guide to what a tinnie should cost ... foxy
Added pics of each to help out ...

madman1
10-05-2009, 02:59 PM
$12,000 tops

Zooter
10-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Jesus $16K ?????

Seems to have a few extra's and a 4 banger but that's about it?

How many hrs on motor?

finga
10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
It's 6 years old and as Foxy said it cost him about $10-11,000 to fit similar new.

madman1
10-05-2009, 04:33 PM
My reasoning is that a mate bought the same boat in Mackay 2 years ago when everyone had heaps of $$$ to throw around. His had the 50hp Yammy 4 banger and only paid $12,000 back then with very similar add ons!

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers

Mark

Ally Jack
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I'd say $10k for it, maybe less
It's 6 years old, has very little extras really and the motor is a carby model.

I sold my 4.5 mtr with fuel injected yammie 50 4stk (50-75hrs) last december with casting decks front and rear, bow mount minn kota, sounder, gps, vhf, 406 ebirb etc for $13k and it was only 3.5yrs old.

Ally Jack

dnej
10-05-2009, 09:23 PM
The name , the name, Ugh.
Do a search on this site as mentioned above
David

Teabag73
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Well, I just sold (Friday) a 2002 5mtr Hornet Trophy with all the goodies such as Plotter, Sounder, VHF, AM/FM Radio and all the gear with a 60hp 4 stroke Yammy for $15k so he is asking way too much coin IMO.....

disorderly
10-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Ive done quite a number of reef trips up to 60kms out in all conditions in a 520 dory with a 70 2 stroke yammie on the back...they are a crap hull for anything but flat water...the light hull bangs like mad and is very wet and lacks directional feeling at speed...not that you would have to worry about that with a 50 4 stroke (although it would probably be quite adequate)

Wouldn't touch that hull for ocean fishing with a 10 foot pole...there has to be a thousand better options for that money..

Scott

backlash08
11-05-2009, 05:45 AM
would not pay any more than 10K

nigelr
11-05-2009, 07:14 AM
No more than 11g's cash, if she's the 4mm bottom job.
Mate has one, they're not a bad boat for kindly conditions, but personally I wouldn't want to have to push it in anything but perfect sea conditions. I think the standard bottom plates are 3mm, though there may have been an option for 4mm......having said this I like the lay-out on this one and the side decks and rails are a bonus.
Personally I'd want at least a high-thrust 60 or a 70 2 stroke on the back of it though.
I guess it comes down to what the intended use is.............especially in Tassie I'd imagine!
Cheers.

bugman
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the replies fellas.

It's funny - when the rlly rang me my first comment to him was - you'd get it for $12k. But after thinking about it a bit longer I reckon $10k is closer to the mark.

I fitted out my Brooker 5m for a bit over $20 but that includes AP Minnkota, boat mods, all electrics etc etc. And that was only 2 years ago.

Dave and others - it would seem there's a bit of a jump in price when you talk below 5m and above 5m. I've thought about going through the piece by piece buying but it's for someone else so haven't really got the time.

As for the conditions it will be used in - the would be owner gets sea sick so it won't be hitting the rough stuff I's reckon;D. Lake fishing and some estuary work would pull it up but he has a couple of kids and wants the room.

I'll be keeping an eye out.

Brett

lippa
12-05-2009, 08:35 AM
i got $14500 for that stacer of mine brett. this one would have to be worth around the same??????

Bear001
13-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Everyone here is quite happy to bag out the Quintrex ::) & I have owned 2 now and have no problems.

(Actually I would like a dollar for every quinnie that is owned in our area)

Maybe because most people on this forum fish Bays and open water such as Moreton Bay, which I would agree this style boat is not suited. You would need alloy to regularly fish those conditions.

Now that you have commented on its intended use, being estuary and family use, the dory would certainly fit the bill nicely.

As noted above but, the $$ are a bit exy on that one.

Cin

bugman
14-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Geez Lippa and you were trying to sell it to me for $20k;D
After riding in mine he's sold on a four stroke - especially for lake fishing. Early on a cold still morning with fog just lifting off a highlands lake, the cough and splutter of a noisy two stroke - just doesn't really fit the scene;)

Still looking ....

Brett

lippa
17-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Geez Lippa and you were trying to sell it to me for $20k;D

Brett

ahahahahaaa i think it was down to 16k when you were interested, and i was open to offers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D geez i miss that boat, i'd buy it back in a flash if it were for sale again