PDA

View Full Version : Working hard on Charter Boat

SNAPPERCOFFIN
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Here is a couple of pics from working on a charter boat Fish and Crab at Mooloolaba. The first two the trout was caught yesterday on whole squid caught in close went 88cm around 9kg the second same spot same bait cobia 110cm around 14kg also got a few sweeties and a 3 ft shark. The other pics are customer catches out at the banks and some spanner crab which we drop the trays on the way out.The last pic is another trout caught by the skipper couple of weeks ago same spot as mine went 94cm.

Mark

jtpython
10-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Some cracker trout there
Good haul of spanners
JT

whatscracken
10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't call that working too hard mate ;D , very nice Trout.

bugman
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Mark,

Are Brett and his old man still the owners?

Brett

SNAPPERCOFFIN
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Mark,

Are Brett and his old man still the owners?

Brett

Yep Brett skippers the other boat.

indy
10-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Great trout mate for that area lucky you.

I see a few iodine bream in that lot of fish what are they like on the chew?

cheers pete...

SNAPPERCOFFIN
10-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Great trout mate for that area lucky you.

I see a few iodine bream in that lot of fish what are they like on the chew?

cheers pete...

Depends what time of year you get them atm not real good have a strong smell to them the ones in that photo were caught about 3-4 weeks ago and smelt fine. But you can go out a week later and they can not real good we will throw them back then. Not sure why this happens maybe something to do with the moon and spawning.

skipalong
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
to trout mate and awesome haul of spanneries

justin

fez
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Good to see you getting some work Mark, hope all is going well for you. Looks like a couple of good trips there.

fez.

twotins
10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Top trout mate, been a few caught lately, but those two are crackers and that tray of crabbies just scream gout at me but I dont care I love em. Must be tough getting up early for work. Good stuff cheers Shawn.

Nic
10-05-2009, 10:09 PM
That's an interesting mixed bag... I have only ever kept fusiliers as bait before. How do they rate as a tablefish?

Good trout, I would love to catch one that size.

levinge
10-05-2009, 10:26 PM
That's an interesting mixed bag... I have only ever kept fusiliers as bait before. How do they rate as a tablefish?

Nic, not long until Cardwell and the trout are waiting...

Benno1
11-05-2009, 08:00 AM
i like the cable tie idea...take the guess work out of dividing up the fillets at the end of the day...great mixed bag Mark!!!...is that trout you pinned a PB for you???...good eating sized cobe as well!!!...i hope all those spanners got put to good use...chilli crab...fresh sangas :P...thanks for the piccies and report.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

jjaaccee
11-05-2009, 08:14 AM
great session
so how do you catch those spanner crabs and where do you catch them

Nic
11-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Nic, not long until Cardwell and the trout are waiting...

Too right, I'm looking forward to that. It's mag production time so I have to fly in from Bris for the 5 days, and then fly straight back. Thank God my bosses are die-hard anglers... they would have gotten up me if I didn't go.

So yeah, hope to catch a trout like the one in this report!

SNAPPERCOFFIN
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
to trout mate and awesome haul of spanneries

justin

Thanks Justin we average 60-80 a trip with the odd trip getting upto 120's. They all get split between the customers.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
11-05-2009, 06:21 PM

The fusiliers are pretty good chewin give them a go.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
i like the cable tie idea...take the guess work out of dividing up the fillets at the end of the day...great mixed bag Mark!!!...is that trout you pinned a PB for you???...good eating sized cobe as well!!!...i hope all those spanners got put to good use...chilli crab...fresh sangas :P...thanks for the piccies and report.

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Yep a PB trout for me. Never got to eat the cobia went to the customers I kept a small piece of trout as some didnt get many fish.

SNAPPERCOFFIN
11-05-2009, 06:27 PM
great session
so how do you catch those spanner crabs and where do you catch them

Jace spanner crabs are caught on a flat tray with mesh on it, they were caught in 30m of water off mooloolaba on a sandy bottom.

shin25
13-05-2009, 04:08 PM
nice trout

benni_fish
14-05-2009, 12:20 PM
that clown trigger usually retails in aquariums for $250+ at that size! lucky catch im usually stuck with the green/black ones!