PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's 7-5-09

Lachie1
07-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi all, planned a quick trip to murphy's reef this morning as they were predicting 10-15 knot Southerlies, lighter SW early on a not to bad swell. Was at the Mooloolaba ramp and in the water before 5. Headed out around Point Cartwright and well, the weatherman sort of lied::) . It was a solid 15 knot SE but decided to head to murphy's anyway "cos it might get better".

Bit of a slow trip out in the dark but eventually got there and put a dropper down, started feeling sick even though had a kwell beforehand. Anyway to cut a long story short, I got 3 Tuskies and 1 Grassie to keep, was sick all morning, it was rough and showery all morning, much like a washing machine and i had to leave them biting for the sake of being alive now.

Could only fish with one rod due to the chop and being sick but did get a few others such as an only just legal red throat and a few iodine bream.

Squid did most of the damage although got the smaller tuskie on a whole pillie. Not a top morning in my books, but at least put a half alright feed together. smallest fish in the photo went 35 cm.

SunnyCoastMark
07-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Tasty feed there Lachie. At least you got out and caught some. There won't be too many who have been out recently. So you have done well.

Mark

wombie
07-05-2009, 03:28 PM
well done mate nice fish ,thanks for the report

cheers Paul

Snapp
07-05-2009, 05:02 PM
sounds better than my trip to the banks last wed.
still bruised sore leg from digging into rails.
10-15 was the call, whitecaps to 20 I reckon.
hammered coming home but nice in close.
DON'T ask about the fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lachie1
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah thanks fellas, she was pretty tough work out there today. Was blowing 20 knots from about 6 am onwards with some nasty squalls coming through at times, looking at the wind reports from cape moreton and double island today tells the story but woulda been nice to know before drove up the coast haha.

Might give wello or redcliffe a go tomorrow morning if i feel up to it, at least there isn't far to the ramp when i do wanna go home...

indy
07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey lachie dont no when you took your kwell but for me it takes an hour before they kick in, i have also gone to murphy's taken tablet at the boat ramp gone to murphy's only taking 30 minutes to get there and next thing i am over the side as well so if i no it might be rough ill take them before i leave home.

cheers pete..

ps i get approximately ten hours per tablet

Angla
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
You are dedicated or desperate for a fish. Just like me normally. I can always pick the rough weather better that BOM and Seabreeze cos I just go when they say its calm.

Good feed though. Did you find the tuskies were fat?

Cheers
Chris

Midnight
07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Well done you blokes that take tablets to stop from getting sick and still go out!!

I am fortunate, that no matter how bad it is I don't get sick. I feel sooo sorry for the poor souls that do, it looks aweful!

Cheers,
Myles

Lachie1
07-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah pete i swallowed the tablet about 30 - 40 mins beforehand but still didn't work. Was feeling a bit crook on the way up, probably just tired from work i'd say. Better than taking 2 kwells at once, did that once and had trouble judging distance and felt real weird hey.

Chris, mate those tuskies were pretty solid hey, nice thick fillets off them, and as for the weather, well i bet tomorrow is a beut day lol

reel scream
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice feed Lachie. Going out in 20knots- not that keen for fish anymore mate.

Cheers Scott

Fishing_Freddy
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM
At least you got out and caught a good feed.
Well done
Ken :beer:

hookinin
10-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Well done at least you got out. Have you ever tried tavacalm original we,ve found kwell don't work on most and when i tried them years ago they made me feel ill before getting on the water.
Cheers Gaven

Nic
10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Yeah Kwells don't work on me, only Travacalm does (it has two active ingredients compared to Kwell's one). I have to take a Trava the night before, then again 1hr before hitting the water.

Well done for pushing through for a while, those parrot will make a good feed.

Lachie1
11-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah i usually take travacalm and they have always worked but found the kwells in the car on the way up and just thought they would work as they have before. Used to use those avil or advil or whatever they are and they worked fine too but haven't seen them for a few years??

Hopefully will be able to get out again in a couple weeks time when i get back from work. Pretty keen for some big snapper...

ben_460
11-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I have spewed on kwells but never on the travel calms. prob just a mental thing now but travel calms seem to work a lot better for me with 1 2-3hrs before and 1 and the ramp. 2 at a time and your mouth goes dry and you get sleepy...

Ben