07-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Whats the ramp like at night has anyone had any problems cheers

kokomo
07-05-2009, 09:52 AM
high tide lift in a 6.25 no problems on monday

Jasinex
07-05-2009, 09:58 AM
full low tide we get our 5.1 in no prob

just watch if theres a million people there... theres really no where to pull the boat up n wait unless u wana put it in the gravel .. and stay inside the leaders untill your well out cause its damn shallow if u miss them ;)

apart from that

a good size ramp with pleanty of parking

Jason

reelchippy
07-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Is it safe to leave your car to do overnighters cheers

ozscott
07-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Having grown up in the Redlands I wouldnt be leaving my truck and trailer overnight at any ramps that didnt have a fence and barbed wire...maybe thats just me.

Cheers

reelchippy
07-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Having grown up in the Redlands I wouldnt be leaving my truck and trailer overnight at any ramps that didnt have a fence and barbed wire...maybe thats just me.

Cheers

Mate i am a member at mbtbc and thinking of saving the $300 i fish harries alot at night i know where your coming from cheers

Jasinex
07-05-2009, 01:40 PM
ive never left my car there overnight.. cause everytime we come back round dusk the park is full of suss types .. and theres young dudes in there cars slowling driving round where ppl park there trailers...

so its up to you

but i wouldnt do it overnight

hondaguy
07-05-2009, 03:42 PM
next two weeks may be dodgy on the weekends with the Alex. Hills Hotel being closed after 10pm each night.

wirlybird
07-05-2009, 08:38 PM
wow i wouldn't have picked that. What about the Sus types at manly ramp???

adamleah
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Ive left my car and trailer there plenty of times overnight in past with no problems,

Worst part is trying to see the beacons running out/in of leads cause there unlit, but a big torch fixes that ,,, Ramp is ok for a two person job but I couldnt do it by myself with a glass boat because of potential rocks and ramp damage to hull..

The leads were pretty shallow about a year back when I last used also so had to run out to end of jetty with motor half tilt,, heard dredging was coming, but unsure if it ever happened,,,

CreelReaper
07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Reelchippy,
I don't think your car or trailer are in any more danger at Wello than any where else mate. It is usually quite well lit (although not at the moment). The police do fairly regular nightly patrols as well. I have been fishing around wello for the last 20 odd years and haven't heard of too many dramas. At least no more than any of the other ramps around brisvegas.

The channel is around 1.5m to 2m deep and you really do not want to deviate from the channel too much at least until you get to the 3rd set of markers. If you haven't used that ramp before I would suggest you have a look at the place from the shore in daylight hours when it is low tide.

Shane