PDA

View Full Version : E-tec print out

stinky-stabi
06-05-2009, 07:47 AM
just had my e-tec at the dealers 4 quick check an he did a 2 page print out of all info from the computer ..must say was pretty amazed at wot it had to show .....
has any body else had one done and did they want big dollars for the privellige???
was told that most want 200 plus for the service???? an was free so was wondering are they telln me porkies or am i just suffering the swine flu.lol as i have crackling in my ears ,rashers all over , need some more ionkment

finga
06-05-2009, 08:33 AM
So what information was listed??

If it was a Honda it would say....4378 hours and life is still good :)
Oops, should not have said that hey ;)

stinky-stabi
06-05-2009, 09:53 AM
D (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=45757&stc=1&d=1241567413)DSC00082. jpg (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=45758&stc=1&d=1241567413)SC00081.jpg (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=45757&stc=1&d=1241567413)
there you go ian ,sorry u got to read on the side....
my engine revs out to 5100 rpm wot...lolol;)

finga
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, that's got to be a good thing to have in your records.
Well done on the service guy for giving you a copy I reckon.

Greg P
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Always free when I had my Zuke done each service. Same info as you have there.

Jabba_
06-05-2009, 05:11 PM
just had my e-tec at the dealers 4 quick check an he did a 2 page print out of all info from the computer ..must say was pretty amazed at wot it had to show .....
has any body else had one done and did they want big dollars for the privellige???
was told that most want 200 plus for the service???? an was free so was wondering are they telln me porkies or am i just suffering the swine flu.lol as i have crackling in my ears ,rashers all over , need some more ionkment

Any dealer charging $200 checking your EMM and doing a print out is a mug...
Both dealers I use only charge $20... And the last time he did charge me a cent...

Also, what size motor do you have?.. A 75 or 90hp.... If you have either,your WOT rpms are spot on... But if you have any other HP, you motor is heading in the direction for and early death... You need to pick up your WOT rpm's to 5600

stinky-stabi
06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Any dealer charging $200 checking your EMM and doing a print out is a mug...
Both dealers I use only charge $20... And the last time he did charge me a cent...

Also, what size motor do you have?.. A 75 or 90hp.... If you have either,your WOT rpms are spot on... But if you have any other HP, you motor is heading in the direction for and early death... You need to pick up your WOT rpm's to 5600

yes it is a ninety...was going in to safe mode a few times the last two times i used it..dealer charged me $120 as the report said i had run it out of oil an a vacum became apparent ...dont know????

well all sorted now....we will call that minor service .lolololol 120 mmmmm i thought e-tec were free for the first 300 hours ...proved me wrong...???

Jabba_
06-05-2009, 08:47 PM
No it didn't prove you wrong. You ran the oil low, and the safe mode was activated to prevent possible damage to the motor... You took it to the dealer to get it fixed/checked, but as it turned out it was user error that caused the problem.... Remember to check your oil level before a days fishing or boating, regardless if it is a 4st or 2st..

I had a similar problem to you... I picked up a plastic bag around my water intake while at WOT.. Motor over heated, dropped into safe mode... I took the motor in for a check up.... All was good, but it cost me $240 for them to run all the checks and do a water test...

stinky-stabi
06-05-2009, 08:59 PM
yes jabba thats what i was told if the fault code didnt come up for my stuff up it would have been free and as you can see in the report to oil faults and a flat battery but do not remember running out of oil did get low but not empty ..maybe it was the weird angle the stabi gets in flight when it was low.pmsl
other than that has not missed a beat touch wood .lolololololol
and yes i have had mine up to 5811rpm lololol
cheers m8