PDA

View Full Version : Stessco Bonito

Vitamin Sea
04-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Hi all

A mate of mine is looking at buying one of these, 4.85M CC with a 60 4 banger on the back, seems like a reasonable buy to me.

Does anyone on the boards have one? what are they like as a boat?

I would think it would go pretty well with the 60 on it.

I know nearly zero about tin boats, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Bowser
04-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Don't know that particular one but I have a 4.45 that I think is a great boat, strongly built and well behaved. I have fished to the 35's in it without any concerns about getting home. Of course I pick my day and conditions. Plains easily on a 40 so as long as it is propped right I see no worries with this one with a 60

Nomad62
04-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Vitamin Sea,
Do a search on Stessco Boats on this forum.....some not so good news I'm afraid.:-/

Cheers Nomad

Rhino80
04-05-2009, 07:22 PM
If you do a search on this forum re any boat there is not so good news. I have a 540 Stessco and i think it is a great boat. I have had it about 18 months now and have not had a problem with it but i dont know about the boat you are asking about

Seahorse
04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I see these boats getting painted every week.
I have had a good look at the vstessco and they are well made.
I see them just prior to painting. I supply the paint.
I got a stacer and I can honestly say, how impressed iam.
Dont disgard them.

greg

Vitamin Sea
04-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks blokes

As I mentioned, a mate is looking at one, probably 99.9% bay stuff, is toying with the idea of beach launching at cylinder.

Cheers

Angryant
05-05-2009, 03:31 AM
I have a 4.85m Amberjack and have no complaints with it. It also has the 4st 60hp motor on it (Yamaha) and is great on fuel economy. I take it out in the Bay often. The only negative I have with it, if it is an issue, is that the high sides sometimes makes it a bit harder to retrieve when the wind is up.

Andrew

BOMBIE
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Here we go again>:( !!!!Vitamin sea check out my blogs :'( ,Rhino80 at least yours is lasting better than my 5.3 (so far):o & Seahorse please let me know who painted mine in late 05 as the PUTTOGEATHER / manufactor wont let me know:-X .so at least I can name /put in same catagority as Stressco/fourseasons /oz craft who if/when you get problems ..... Well you know the rest;) !!!!

Jasinex
06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
hey vitamin sea,

i have a 510 Amberjack and never had a problem with it at all:)

its got high sides and has a 90 Merc Optimax on it and goes like all hell.. stable and rides well. we take it regualarly out bay and wide areas also goes good down the river.. wouldnt think twice about purchasing another one :):)

very happy customer... only prob i did have was wen new the decals peeled abit.. but the dealer replaced everyone of them and its been well over a yeear now wit no worries :)

hope that helps

Jason

BOMBIE
06-05-2009, 09:00 PM
AGAIN,,,::) , Dealer did this ..handles like that ...stable as,,, Only problem that ,,,etc etc NOT until/when it goes to S..t then when it is time to approach/see/call/find/RELY on the PUTTOGEATHER / manufactor :( and see how WE go>:( >:(

Angryant
06-05-2009, 09:11 PM
AGAIN,,,::) , Dealer did this ..handles like that ...stable as,,, Only problem that ,,,etc etc NOT until/when it goes to S..t then when it is time to approach/see/call/find/RELY on the PUTTOGEATHER / manufactor :( and see how WE go>:( >:(

Bombie, I understand that you have had some major issues with Stessco, however, why do you bag everyone who owns one? Stessco may have got their act together in recent times. The welds and quality control on my boat appear very good. I fully understand your frustrations but going on a crusade at others expense will not solve your issues with Stessco.

For what it is worth, I bought my boat mid 2008 and have been satisfied with it. What happens in the future - who knows!

Not here to bag you but please absorb the comments of others.

Cheers,
Andrew

BOMBIE
06-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Bombie, I understand that you have had some major issues with Stessco, however, why do you bag everyone who owns one? Stessco may have got their act together in recent times. The welds and quality control on my boat appear very good. I fully understand your frustrations but going on a crusade at others expense will not solve your issues with Stessco.

For what it is worth, I bought my boat mid 2008 and have been satisfied with it. What happens in the future - who knows!

Cheers,
Andrew
Angryant,I feel not once have I bagged any stessco owner or dealer,but just trying to make sure& that people beware ,so that NO ONE goes through what myself and others have done ,because as i have said before this industry will not and has not protected we the buyer from manufactors like this mob AND they know it .so hopefully it solves ONE problem 8-)

Nomad62
07-05-2009, 05:39 AM

Cheers,
Andrew

IMHO yet to see one with quality welding. Mostly cold welds with lack of fusion and penetration. How do i know this.....I have 33yrs experience welding Aluminum.

There is no excuse for poor welding/manufacturing of boats these days with the welding technology available. Modern welding machines can be programmed so that even a novice can be quality welding in short time.

Boats probably ok in protected waters, but would be a different thing offshore, or even constant driving on corrugated roads.

Don't get me wrong, this brand of boat isn't the only one out there with quality issues.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
Nomad

Angryant
07-05-2009, 05:47 AM
IMHO yet to see one with quality welding. Mostly cold welds with lack of fusion and penetration. How do i know this.....I have 33yrs experience welding Aluminum.

There is no excuse for poor welding/manufacturing of boats these days with the welding technology available. Modern welding machines can be programmed so that even a novice can be quality welding in short time.

Boats probably ok in protected waters, but would be a different thing offshore, or even constant driving on corrugated roads.

Don't get me wrong, this brand of boat isn't the only one out there with quality issues.

Just my opinion.

Cheers
Nomad

Agreed, it isn't unique to Stessco. The problem as I see it is that the toothless government needs to legislate to protect the consumer from defects on purchased boats. Will that happen - I doubt it.

Cheers

Vitamin Sea
07-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Here we go again>:( !!!!Vitamin sea check out my blogs :'( ,Rhino80 at least yours is lasting better than my 5.3 (so far):o & Seahorse please let me know who painted mine in late 05 as the PUTTOGEATHER / manufactor wont let me know:-X .so at least I can name /put in same catagority as Stressco/fourseasons /oz craft who if/when you get problems ..... Well you know the rest;) !!!!

wtf!!

I take it that you have had some issues:(

BOMBIE
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Just.. another old one to jog memories
Originally Posted by todd johnson
Hi

I have a four seasons windstorm boat which is a couple of years old but has not done very many hours. It is in a bad way with huge cracks at the front and many cracked ribs. I have just been rejected for insurance and have a pretty throrough marine surveyors report saying it is very poor manufacturing. I am trying to get some amunition together to prove they have breached the trade practices act by selling faulty goods and would love to know if you or anyone you know have had bad experiences with the boat and company albo marine.
Thanks
Todd

BOMBIE
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM
wtf!!

I take it that you have had some issues:(
Will PM you

Rhino80
08-05-2009, 04:19 PM
As i said before on this post BOMBIE it is not only Stessco boats that have these problems and lack of support. People have paid ALOT more money for similar size boats from bigger and more well known boat building companys and they still got no assistance when they took it back for warrranty. I have no proplems with mine and i hope it stays that way.

BOMBIE
08-05-2009, 10:57 PM
As i said before on this post BOMBIE it is not only Stessco boats that have these problems and lack of support. People have paid ALOT more money for similar size boats from bigger and more well known boat building companys and they still got no assistance when they took it back for warrranty. I have no proplems with mine and i hope it stays that way.
Rhino.,, not our fault BUT,,,:-[ I hope your right. SO why dont WE as a consumer help everyone and protest . But as usual no one will have the balls to look after each other f..k you jack I'm alright ..P L E A S E,,,,let your local member of parliment know our concerns &&&&& HELP US >:(