PDA

View Full Version : 5 mile to the 12 mile

indy
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Headed out yesterday arvo with two of my brothers for a overnighter starting at the five mile and working our way down to the 12 mile.

Went to the first mark and the last two times i have been there its been loaded with fish on the sounder but not to be this time, had a couple of drifts for no result then started working our way south.

Pulled up on spot no. 2 and fished here until a bit after dark getting a few sweety's to start with and then anthony nailing a nice 6 kilo snap and todd to follow 20 minutes later with another going 5.4, so waiting for my turn but didn't happen, after this things got a little quiet so further south we went.

Pulled up on another show of good fish getting a few more fish here and after a couple of hours of catching alot of under size pearly's we called it a night to get up early and fish the sun up. At midnight todd is feeling very ordinary so we cut the trip short and headed back in with a good feed each.

Think the morning bight would have been really good on one of my marks that usually fires in the morning so will have to wait till next time.

cheers pete....

jtpython
03-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Good feed there mate............ Seems a very mixed bag.
Good on ya
JT

goona
03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
You forgot to mention that you were boardering on being called excess bagage with the amount of fish you put into the box. But all in all thanks for the trip Pete it was good to get outside again and get a feed of reefies again.

Goona

wombie
03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
well done Pete some nice fish mate

cheers Paul

skipalong
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
nice mixed bag pete, its been a while, time to get back into them, great way to start.

justin

Dean1
03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Good feed there mate, you do well out there. I did an overnighter at the banks last nite for 2 keepers between 3. Rough as guts out there and I was crook as a dog the whole trip and I dont normally get crook. Anchor wouldnt hold made it hard to fish marks. Cheers.

uripper
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Pls excuse my ignorance Pete

starting at the five mile and working our way down to the 12 mile.

is that Caloundra 12 mile??

Took the kids & no1 deckie out yesterday arvo fo a sess off Cape M but conditions not good so was home by 11pm without a scale - lots of undersize squire etc so maybe a good start to season (hoping)

cheers MalM

outsiderskip
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
nice feed
pity about conditions

pete

indy
03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes todd, you forgot to mention the noble then

Skipalong havn't been posting in a while but have been doing pretty good the last couple of trips before this around these areas

Dean conditons where not the best where we where either but what really spun me out was a 12 footer went past us out at the twelve mile couldn't believe it and he was heading to morteon, crazy man..

Uripper yeah thats the one caloundra 12 mile

needTHEnet
03-05-2009, 07:15 PM
could'nt even bag out you sux

Benno1
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
very nice mixed bag Indy...good sized...everything!!!...good trip by all accounts i recon :D...cheers for the piccies and report :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

wags on the water
03-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your report Pete. What were the conditions like?

Cheers,

Wags

-spiro-
03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
could'nt even bag out you sux

wheres your pictures of trips?
keep your comments to yourself like that hey.

Good catch Pete.
To pissy to go yesturday thats why there wasn't a call made8-)

Greg P
03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice haul Pete. I fished the shallow reefs/ and St Paul at the Cape and later headed up to Cal Wide after a round of battles with vermin tuna at Hutchies.

Plenty of good shows and picked up a few nice 6-7kg model snaps on the usual marks out there so looking forward to a good winter season. Wind started picking up there about 6pm so pulled the pin and headed back to Bribie. Not pleasant out there.

Saw the first whale for the season too passing Smiths - bastards :-X

Cheers

Greg

indy
04-05-2009, 07:28 AM
NEED THE NET (Chris) Just go and have another spew very soft...

WAGS conditions i thought were not to bad about 1.2m of swell when we first got out there with about 15knots on it got up two about 20 knots later but it was still very fishable

SPIRO you no how it is get home get lazy stuff taking pictures

GREG P good to here they are turning up out there will have to have a session on my marks out that way has been a while

buttcrack
04-05-2009, 09:00 AM
indy good hall.I was going out for a all nighter last knight but my mate pulled out on me said wind is two strong.so I was on the phone ringing mates no one wanted to come.I was going to 12 mile but didnt get out good to see you got out and got some fish.

seapup
04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Coupla nice ones there Pete well done!
Benny.