PDA

View Full Version : Alloy fabricator in Bundaberg area

mungindi
02-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Morning,
Would anyone know or be able to recomend an alloy fabricator in the Bundaberg area I'm looking to get a collapsiable Targa Top/Bimmini Top type arrangement for some shade cover for my centre console.
If they are offering a mobile on site fabrication it would make things a whole lot easier. I've checked the yellow pages and can't seem to find anyone who does mobile boat work,any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank's
Gary

swift
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Hi Mungindi,

There is an Alloy Fabricator in Bundy that actually has about 15+ years of experience in the alloy / marine industry. The person to speak to if Russel Dick..... and is business is RMD Fabrications.

He does very good work. I don't know if he does onsite work but that is something to ask him I guess. I don't have his phone number on me but if you can wait until Tuesday, I have his phone number at work and I can send it to you.

mungindi
03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
G/Day Swift
Thank's for the help, I've had a yarn with Russel and he's booked solid for a while which is a good thing to see these day's. I'm not exactly sure how long I will be in bundy for but if I can't get it done here I will just have to get it built back in Biloela. Just not of Alloy Fabricators back there that are experinced in boat work from what I can see.
It's all good though I,m pretty sure I will be able to find someone here in Bundy. Mate thank's for taking the time to help I appreciate it.
Thank's
Gary

Johnm
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Try Alloway Engineering, he did some alloy work for me quite a few years ago, nothing seemed to be too much trouble, it wasn't on boas but he did have some boat work in at the time.

mungindi
03-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi Johnm,
Thank's for that I'll go around and have a yarn with them and see what they can come up with.
Thank's again
Gary