PDA

View Full Version : burrum heads

snapperbasher
01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey Guys,
Headed up to burrum again at easter the trip didnt start too good with me cutting two of my fingers off at the first knuckle on the second day there while hooking the boat trailer up too the car it ran away and hit the underside of the ute tray and i didnt quite get my fingers out of the way:-[ .

But after some surgery and easter saturday night spent in hospital I was back into it ( sort of ) the river was really quite, the worst i have seen it since i have been going there. Dropped two reasonable goldies from pulled hooks and only managed one trip out wide to the gutters due to the fingers but managed a good feed with a trout and a reef jack the highlights not huge fish but still plenty of trouble with busted fingers!;D a few grassies, spangles and moses topped it off. I will add some pictures of the fish and i have a photo of the fingers if anyone wants to see them.

Cheers Lochie.

Schuey
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Nice fish there Lochie. And even better your response to a couple of shortened fingers, obviously didnt stop you fishing for long. Top effort.

lethal098
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
lochie, sounds like an eventful weekend, i though they would have been the first photos you would have posted, no one ever complains when we see blood from the fish. post em up seen how many people cant handle it. glad all is better. cheers Lee

snapperbasher
01-05-2009, 02:46 PM
righto guys i will post em but have to do it when i get home there on the home pc

its a photo after the op so not too much blood and guts haha

tfish
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Gday lochie, mate sounds like some serious pain....guess a nice jack and trout is the best pain killer....welll when its on the dinner table anyway. glad to hear your better mate. look forward to the pics....cheers trav. a nice feed u got tho.

Vitamin Sea
01-05-2009, 05:52 PM
i have a photo of the fingers if anyone wants to see them.

Cheers Lochie.[/quote]

Gidday Lochie

You show me yours and I will show you mine:o

Cheers

Bill

PS: some nice fish

snapperbasher
01-05-2009, 06:00 PM
now show me yours bill;D

dirk diggler
01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
hey tippsy how are you typen? with your nuckles. he he

snapperbasher
01-05-2009, 06:11 PM
yeah feelin a bit tipsy

dirk diggler
01-05-2009, 06:24 PM
is that your hand or your feet? it takes the focas off your head i guess. did you check out green raidres report last week.

disorderly
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Top effort there stumpy...;);D

GBC
01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
You go to H.Bay or Maryborough Base hospital? Either way I reckon you're lucky to have walked back out again;)

More importantly, how'd the ute tray fair up?

jtpython
01-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Holy Sheeshus
Hope ya right mate
Nice fish too
JT

f.t.r.
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
lovely fish and a ton of guts champ, well done

im sure you have a few new nicknames, but heres one, "clock"

one big hand, one little hand

matty

GBC
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Now I don't care who y'all are - that's some funny sheeit right there;D ;D

You had that one prepared for years didn't you f.t.r.

Now what's the best thing to get beer spray off the monitor?

Vitamin Sea
01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
now show me yours bill;D

Promise is a promise;D

18 yrs old, a while ago now, bit of a problem with colour

setthehook
01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
OUCH!!! nice fish though!!

Horse
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
That hurts just looking at it. At least you got a few fish to make it feel better

DaMaGe
01-05-2009, 08:22 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall be extra carefull when hooking boat up nows!

Benno1
01-05-2009, 08:23 PM
look at it this way mate..2 less fingernails to get bait under :P ???...you sir are a champion for still going fishing!!!...very nice mixed bag!!! it would have taken the edge off :D...what did you catch the jack on???...thanks for the piccies (even the gross one :P) and report... i hope you heal fast :D

Mrs Benno1
Sunny

Mrs Benno1

snapperbasher
01-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

vitaman sea: Thanks mate looks like you did a good job on yours what happened there if you dont mind me asking?

gbc: Hervey bay hospital mate really cant complain they did a really good job and had me out pretty quick.

f.t.r good one mate like that;D

benno1: yeah and save on nail polish too!!;D takes more than a couple of shortened fingers to stop me fishing. The Jack was caught on the front half of a pike

Cheers

PaulMark
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
You go to H.Bay or Maryborough Base hospital? Either way I reckon you're lucky to have walked back out again;)

More importantly, how'd the ute tray fair up?
I been looked after in both venues,as have other family members,no worries often wonder about the complainers and their agendas.
Paulo8-)

shano
01-05-2009, 11:30 PM
oh man thats not good! so you will get a good pay out for loosing them hey? so what chopped thme was it the trailer?

theoldlegend
02-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Did you manage to retrieve the chopped off bits?

Shoulda stuck em on a hook to see what you might have caught.

Fish fingers maybe?

TOL

GBC
02-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I been looked after in both venues,as have other family members,no worries often wonder about the complainers and their agendas.
Paulo8-)

Don't start me -

cortizone o.d.'s

exploratory surgery to find a kidney stone !!!!! - that's after 6 days of not being able to diagnose one - took ten minutes at the P.A.

Being over hydrated - only happens on the weekends when the REAL doctors aren't there......

The new H.B. one is heaps better than the old one - granted - but still well under par.

Glad to hear you had a good experience SB, that's how it should be.

Vitamin Sea
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE][quote=snapperbasher;1010311]Thanks everyone!

vitaman sea: Thanks mate looks like you did a good job on yours what happened there if you dont mind me asking

Gidday

Yeh, did not miss, hit all 4 fingers, graft luckily stuck to index finger, otherwise that would be shorter to.

At work, 3rd year apprentice, working on a machine I had never used before, un-supervised, if it happened today it would cost them plenty.

You learn to adapt, it's hard carrying 1/2 dozen pots though;D

Cheers

BR65
02-05-2009, 07:22 PM
sh#t mate, never let anyone tell you to HTF up, you allready did.
Great dedication, good on ya!!

TonyM
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Welcome to the club Lochie - fingers are over-rated anyway, you only need 3 on a hand to get by - has never stopped me getting into mischief anyway!

I'm glad you got some decent fish for your perseverance! The trout and Jack especially.

p.s. You might find fishing gloves handy if you don't have fingernails now - without them I'm always knocking the top off a few of my fingers somehow (amazing how quickly you forget!)

I guess you're also a member of the clumsy barstools club of which I am a fully paid up member!

Cheers
Tony

Salty2
03-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I left my spinning reel without the anti reverse on one cold early morning. Next thing a snapper hit it. As I grabbed the rod the bail arm rips two thirds of the nail off backwards and flicks it over the side. After a few choice words the bleeding really started and made great burly. It did grow back unlike tipsy's.

deepfried
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Sh#t mate, never let anyone tell you to HTF up, you allready did.
Great dedication, good on ya!!

I have to agree with that. I wont be complaining about my next line cut or fish spine in my hand after seeing that.

snapperbasher
03-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Shano: I'm not after any money for it at the end of the day it was my fault why should I get money for being a d#$k head. once it heals it will be fine i'll get used to it. the top of the handle on the coupling was a tolerence fit to the underside of the ally extrusion on the back of the ute tray so when it passed under it neatly chopped them off just like a guilotine. theres 2 small dints in the extrusion where the fingers hit.

TOL: yeah my old man went down and picked the ends up and put them in a bag on ice I took them to the hospital but they felt it would be worse trying to reattach them for rejection reasons and infection should nearly get full use of my fingers back anyway.

Vitamin sea: funny thing is I was a boilermaker/sheety for 10 years and worked wih guilotines and presses everyday then go and chop them off hooking the boat up should of done a JSA before going fishing HA HA.

BR65: No use crying over spilt milk mate Life ( fishing ) still goes on.

TonyM: thanks for the TIPS mate. ( pun intended ).

Salty2: That looks painfull probably hurt more than cutting them off!

Cheers Lochie

lethal098
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM
lochie, shit is all i can say, after your first post without seeing photos i did not think it was that bad. you are definatley a trooper for still goin fishin. have you spoken to insurance company as you are prob covered even though it may have been your fault, they take our money so why not take theirs??? cheers Lee

TonyM
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Great to see you have a good (well ok sick, but good none the less) sense of humour lochie - makes life a lot easier :)

Another tip for ya - now you can do the stick your finger up the nose past the knuckle party trick, kids love it :o;D