PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba, La Balsa Boat ramp Closed.

Wax_head
01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Crew,

Just a quick heads up for anyone going for a fish out from Mooloolaba river.

The boat ramp on point cartwright side has been closed to be refurbished.

Apprently the cement at the bottom end of the ramp has started to come apart.

Would be good if they could git rid of the big rocks around the carpark that like to eat the front of cars early in the morning.

I spoke to the crew there after coming back in from fishing and they said it could be closed for a couple of months.

Used the ramp over at Mooloolaba Coast Guard thursday 30 april moring and it is going to be a busy place!!!!!!

Cheers Bicko

nautical prince
01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
aint that a prick i am moving to Buddina in a couple of days was loving the idea the ramp was only a K down tha road oh well

capt. mud
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeh boys...What a good idea from who ever decided to close it down at the start of snapper season through to and past June full moon!

I also know a few pro fisherman and as my mate a spanner crabb pro told me his opinion was.....

1. Why didn't they close it in November when they have a month off to let the spanners spawn.

2. No snapper season either!

3. No school holidays.

Mmm........... makes ya think someone at council or port authority could have had a little thought process happening and it would have had least interuption to the fisho's. Commercial and us good guys.

cheers Mud.

DaMaGe
02-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I can't see to much wrong with the boat ramp itself, the parking sure needs a F'n upgrade though!

Lovey80
05-05-2009, 12:11 PM
The first thing that should have happened before closing down the KAWANA ramps is that cleaning tables should have been put on the Mooloolaba side.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Chris

Smithy
05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Chris,

don't worry. It has been a big issue for quite some time. The local ANSA club has driven getting cleaning tables for years and years. Funding has been secured, Big Bob for the Big Job and the council are onside but it is held up with the Department of Transport not wanting it near the walkway to the pontoon in the middle of the two ramps like everyone wants so there is an equal split with the parking. They want in on that little grass bit near MYC on the eastern most ramp. That will lead to massive congestion on that side. The Sportfishing Club proposal was all green and built out over the water with all the offal going into refrigerated bins until disposal I am led to believe.

SunnyCoastMark
05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Gotta love those fish cleaning tables>>>;D

Not sure about putting the offal in refrigerated containers/bins though. Everyone throws the scraps in the water at the other one and I don't believe it is a problem - the crabs and pickers have usually disposed of it by the next high tide?? (I am of course willing to be proved wrong).

I am a big believer in the K.I.S.S. principle.

Mark

lampuki
02-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Hi all.

Toying with the idea of skipping work and heading out Sunday morning. Is the boat ramp back open?

If not, is there a pontoon on the coast gaurd side?

Thanks.

Chamelion
02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Ramp is still very much closed... There is a pontoon on the other side as far as I recall.

Lovey80
03-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Chris,

don't worry. It has been a big issue for quite some time. The local ANSA club has driven getting cleaning tables for years and years. Funding has been secured, Big Bob for the Big Job and the council are onside but it is held up with the Department of Transport not wanting it near the walkway to the pontoon in the middle of the two ramps like everyone wants so there is an equal split with the parking. They want in on that little grass bit near MYC on the eastern most ramp. That will lead to massive congestion on that side. The Sportfishing Club proposal was all green and built out over the water with all the offal going into refrigerated bins until disposal I am led to believe.

Sorry Smithy I missed your post. What do you mean 'they want in on that little grass bit near MYC'?

I dont see why they dont build one either side of the pontoon out over the small rock walls. I don't really care about the disposal. I have seen a bullshark near that pontoon though which is not encouraging for those throwing bits back in.

Chris

backlash08
03-06-2009, 05:54 AM
Hi all.

Toying with the idea of skipping work and heading out Sunday morning. Is the boat ramp back open?

If not, is there a pontoon on the coast gaurd side?

Thanks.

yep, there is a pontooon on coast guard side

Smithy
03-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Chris,

Department of Transport want the cleaning tables in that little piece of grass in the corner on the east side of the easternmost boat ramp, near where the yachties launch the Etchells with that crane thing off that concrete jetty constuction.

Chamelion
03-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Anywhere is better than nowhere?

Lovey80
04-06-2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks Smithy, just as long as it has running water preferably Salt ill be happy.

Get a move on with it it say

Cheers

Chris