PDA

View Full Version : Aussie dollar - go you good thing

Strewth
30-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Nice to see the A$ heading toward US75c - I can feel the mouse starting to hover on some of those O/S websites.

Interesting to see how quick the local prices decrease (if at all). They certainly went up fast enough after the A$ collapsed last year....

frankgrimes
30-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Nice to see the A$ heading toward US75c - I can feel the mouse starting to hover on some of those O/S websites.

Interesting to see how quick the local prices decrease (if at all). They certainly went up fast enough after the A$ collapsed last year....

hehe...reckon we might see fishon make a reappearance ;)

NAGG
30-04-2009, 06:58 PM
funnily ... today I had my first look at some overseas sites this year :P Still not quite enough of a saving on lures (smaller ticket items) to justify it ......... but reels - yeh some $$$ can be saved!

Chris

deepfried
30-04-2009, 06:58 PM

I was told that Daiwa had priced this years tackle averaging the Aus $ around US $.75, so with it falling well below this they had been running losses for a while. I dont think they would be in a hurry to drop prices until they recover those losses.

Scott nthQld
30-04-2009, 07:44 PM
As much as the Aussie dollar goes up, the problem remains that our local tackle shops more than likely bought their current stock when the dollar was low, unfortunately its the nature of the beast that until these low dollar value rate cost items are sold, there will be little difference in the price. There may be some decrease to try and move the stock which they can offset against new higher dollar value rate purchased stock, but that means the full price drop won't be passed on until the stock is sold as well.

Its a sad fact for consumers, but a business is there to make money regardless of the industry.

try to fish
30-04-2009, 11:43 PM
im already on it eversince its at 0.70 point.;D

finga
01-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Really it makes not much difference if the dollar is at $0.65 or $0.75.
On a $US1,000 that's only $AU$100 difference in exchange rates.
I reckon you'd be able to talk turkey with the Tacklo for AU$100 difference on a US$1000 worth of stuff.
I still try and negotiate prices from over seas. It works because they want to sell.
Don't wait for the magic $0.75 or $0.80 marker dollar that may not come up.