PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Parrot

Angla
29-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Went out today From Scarborough at 5.30 am. Had a beaut run to the channel markers and picked up a dozen livies . They were not very forthcoming and too a bit of work to get them. Anyways we headed on towards Wide Cal and some iffy type marks that are hit or miss. They were very quiet today.

The wind picked up as predicted and made the water uncomfortable but very workable so decided to go in closer and must be around the 5 mile where were got some action and slowly made up a small catch of grassies and parrot. Final tally 6 Sweeties and 10 parrot. All fish just making the minimum so no photos of the outcome.

Back home at 33 knotts most of the way. It was a great day with a great start and finish and just that mid morning wind to contend with.

The Para anchor was used the whole day which allowed us to fish under the boat mostly.

Cheers
Chris

jtpython
30-04-2009, 06:03 AM
Nice stuff Chris like you said it's a sweet feed .
They have all be fat buggars around this area ............... how'd they score there
JT

TimiBoy
30-04-2009, 06:24 AM
The Parrot we caught on Tuesday were a bit mushy, sadly. Glad you had fun, Wednesday looked like a top day, but I just couldn't do three in a row!

Cheers,

Tim

Angla
30-04-2009, 07:29 AM
The Parrot we caught on Tuesday were a bit mushy, sadly. Glad you had fun, Wednesday looked like a top day, but I just couldn't do three in a row!

Cheers,

Tim

I found the parrot to be very fat little fish but had no problems with mushiness. do you ice the fish down at all before filleting Tim?
For the small number of fish we ended up with a good quantity of fillets

Cheers
Chris

Angla
30-04-2009, 07:32 AM
Nice stuff Chris like you said it's a sweet feed .
They have all be fat buggars around this area ............... how'd they score there
JT

They were definitely fat here too. pulled up what must have been 100 Red throat undersize. Unusually found that the bait had to be on the bottom.

Cheers
Chris

TimiBoy
30-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I found the parrot to be very fat little fish but had no problems with mushiness. do you ice the fish down at all before filleting Tim?
For the small number of fish we ended up with a good quantity of fillets

Cheers
Chris

O Boy they were cold alright. I'm bunging the other fillet in a curry tonight. It'll be fine with a heap of Kingfish around it!

I'm hungry NOW!!!!

Cheers,

Tim

nickstock
30-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Sounds like you got a bum steer with your Tuskie Timi, I class Tuskies in my top 5 reefies on the table.

Nick

skipalong
30-04-2009, 03:27 PM
always good to get out that wind come from know where didnt it, made it wet coming home.

justin

Angla
30-04-2009, 06:05 PM
always good to get out that wind come from know where didnt it, made it wet coming home.

justin
We left Caloundra area at about 20 knotts for 15 minutes while I gutted the fish and washed down the kill area as the deckie drove, then I took over and floored it to 33 knotts for the rest of the trip back. We also had the windscreen rolled up and didn't get a drop. It calmed down to just a little more than a ripple with a swell and the odd lump. 40 minutes back to Scarborough was pretty quick.

Cheers
Chris