PDA

View Full Version : Old Woman Island

146C
29-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Headed out to Old Woman Island for my first trip out of Mooloolaba.

Half way over my daughter pointed out a dolphin up ahead, when we stopped for look he came right up to the side of the boat he’d then disappear for a moment then come back to the side again this must have gone on for a good 5min before we decided we’d better head to our fishing spot, was an awesome experience one we will never forget.

Fish were biting well this morning released a heap of undersize squire and grassies as well as a few other species there were also a few unstoppables that we never got to see.

Came home with a couple of emperors and a 36cm bream.

All fish caught on bait and in 12mtrs.

Cheers,

Dave

Fishing_Freddy
29-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Good to hear your daughter enjoys the trips out. I can't wait till mine is old enough to come out in the boat. Looks like a nice feed of fish well done.
Ken :beer:

SunnyCoastMark
29-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Dave,
Good to see you managed a feed - those grassies are top tucker. Which side of the Island did you end up fishing?.

Mark

goona
29-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Well done mate and good on you for taking your daughter. You know what they say the family that fishes together stays together

Scalem
29-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Good one dave,

I like a man who asks for opinions about a targeted spot in one post, then puts up a report the next;) You are certainly not part of the "Gunna" brigade:-X

What was the swell like? Is it even close to 2 meters?

Scalem

jtpython
29-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice sized Lippers
Enjoy the family moments to the max
JT

146C
29-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks guys.

I am really lucky, the kids love coming out as much as I enjoy bringing them out. Makes for a great family day.

Mark: We fished the south eastern corner.

Scalem: I wanted to make a contribution for the help I received. I believe this site is all about the sharing of info.

Even though some of the waves seemed near 1.5-2 mtr I think most would have been around 1.2.

Cheers,

Dave